Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations? How are the poly tub trailers? I hunt and would like to get a trailer for hauling gear, tree stands, deer etc. Thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I built a 40 X 48" trailer for hauling apples, supplies, and deer carcasses. I call it "Trailer Two: Electric Boogaloo" because I built it immediately after building the Ninja trailer (the "Trailer Two" part) and Electric Boogaloo rhymes. And I'm very much an 80's kid.

The snowblower tires shown in the pic proved to be not up to the task of hauling 300 pounds of apples into the woods, so they have since been replaced with standard 5.30X12 trailer tires

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would agree with J4K. I had a friend build the frame, weld an axle on then I did the plywood, run an old set of atv tires and that is the way to go. I have purchased a few trailers and they eventually end up being repaired and on Kijji. I haul up to 500 lbs. in it (cement pads, tella posts, generators, lumber, deer and moose ) over some very rough terrain and have only blown a tire once. I've had it 12 years now. If u know a guy who will do it for ya for cheap that's the way to go. They last a long time if do the up keep.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got the DR versa 1/2 ton trailer the other day.

Pretty pleased with the quality and DR stands behind their products. I haven't hauled anything with it yet as I'm taking delivery of my 2017 SE tomorrow. Only thing I can foresee is maybe a few dents in it from chucking wood into it as it's only 20
Gauge galvanized sheet metal but it seems sturdy and the 22" tires are nice as well as the pivoting hitch. Ground clearance is nice too. I'll post some pics as soon as my new steed is in my possession.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I go to my local swap websites or CL and post a wanted add for old boats or free small boat disposal and I've gotten a dozen trailers or so this way. The small boat trailers sometimes even have tilt beds. Somone always has an old boat with trailer out back that has a trailer that has two flat or eroded tires on them and they want gone but won't put tires on it to move it so it just goes to waste. I have two that I've kept for myself and in the summer I get a few and fix them up for brush haulers or trail trailers and sell them for 200-300 bucks. The old boats typically are stripped and I just haul them to the dump on my way home. They typically have a longer tongue that I cut to my prefered length and the options are endless with some lumber or steel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts