Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man is it dry here in central Missouri. I can only guess at the misery of our Brothers and Sisters on the West coast. No rain in site for the coast, going to get some here today, pray for them. Gave both kodiaks a bath today. WITH A LEAF BLOWER! How's the ground where you guys pound it?
Just a little Sunday chatter.

Reactions: se3388

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry about the double post, damn gray hairs. But riding with any speed is simply a cloud of dust. Hope none of you have fires to deal with.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Wasn't there a storm down your way last week? We have quite a bit of rain around.This time darn near every harvest time we get rain this year is no exception,the tomato harvesters cant go thru the fields.It can get pretty comical 2or3or even 4 tractors pulling the machine thru the field.The rain makes the tomatoes split and all that moisture adds up to a field full of smelly tomato stew..

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
It's drier here in Colorado than popcorn farts.

I got rid of that second one for you.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Monsoon moving through right now. Hallelujah.. wet leaves turning colors now that's Missouri in the fall. Everything had passed south of us got Springfield and north Arkansas. Out in the covered work area with beer and Dog(Fuzzy) life is good let it rain! Hope those who need it get some. Red

·
Registered
385 Posts
Tennessee is kinda dry. But still super green and beautiful as always. Just starting to see the colors change.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn but you are correct.. Tennessee is beautiful country. Every time I've driven the state I marvel at your 'Rocky Tops ' .

Reactions: Madmax and Jssrvlz

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts
Was up in the mtns for a week, rain threatened and got things wet momentarily, other than that, very dry with fire bans. But did get some nice scenery.

Saw this as well, she was cute and a badass driver too, zero hesitation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dry in Northeast Ohio, except the dew in the morning. Leaves are changing and nothing beats an Ohio Fall.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful trail with the Aspens turning. I'm sure you knew that an Aspen grove is the largest living organism on earth as they have been shown to be genetically a single organism, the trees are projections of the primary..the contiguous root system. Marvelous trees.

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I see someone paid attention in school..

Reactions: RED KED HUSKER

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
And it is located in central Utah just north of I-70

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Getting some much needed rain here in SEMO tonight.

Steve............

Reactions: RED KED HUSKER

·
Registered
101 Posts
Red Rocket
Beautiful scenery you have there, my Daughter lives out there in the Springs and we were stationed in Aurora several years ago, didn't really care for the Denver as much as we did the Springs.

Steve...........

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts
I'm sure you knew that an Aspen grove is the largest living organism on earth as they have been shown to be genetically a single organism, the trees are projections of the primary..the contiguous root system. Marvelous trees.
Oh yeah, my house is located right in the middle of an aspen grove and the root structure is quite impressive... until one needs to dig up some ground, then it becomes a cursing affair ;) . Here is the view, or some of it, I get from my hot tub.

Beautiful scenery you have there, my Daughter lives out there in the Springs and we were stationed in Aurora several years ago, didn't really care for the Denver as much as we did the Springs.
Yes, I like the Springs but I'm just not a fan of living in metro areas any longer. Instead, I live just west of the Denver metro area, up in the mountains a bit. I took the week off and met a couple friends out riding around Salida, couple of hours west of the Springs, and got some amazing weather. Kind of wished it would rain a bit during the night to keep the daytime dust down but that didn't happen much at all. I can't complain though, a week off of work, riding 6 days and a few, very successful hours of fly fishing got me recharged to be back at work. Now to work on getting early retirement!!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Oh yeah, my house is located right in the middle of an aspen grove and the root structure is quite impressive... until one needs to dig up some ground, then it becomes a cursing affair ;) . Here is the view, or some of it, I get from my hot tub.

View attachment 10065

Yes, I like the Springs but I'm just not a fan of living in metro areas any longer. Instead, I live just west of the Denver metro area, up in the mountains a bit. I took the week off and met a couple friends out riding around Salida, couple of hours west of the Springs, and got some amazing weather. Kind of wished it would rain a bit during the night to keep the daytime dust down but that didn't happen much at all. I can't complain though, a week off of work, riding 6 days and a few, very successful hours of fly fishing got me recharged to be back at work. Now to work on getting early retirement!!!
Holly Crap! You are a lucky man!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry that your living situation sucks so bad we all feel horrible for you! Awesome.

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts
LOL. Yeah, the property is def nice and very pleasant outside... it is the house that needs A LOT of work. But when I'm done, it should be a great place. Just too bad there are no trails I can ride to from here. Everything has to be trailered to. But I suppose one can't have everything. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did kinda like Red a little for all the beautiful scenery pic's of trails but I'm beginning to not with the pic from the hot tub, he's just being mean.
We used to go up to Mt. Evans and explore (walking/picnicking), I would jokingly tell people it was named after one of my ancestors.

Steve............

1 - 20 of 38 Posts