Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

To Tusk or nor to Tusk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says.. I'm about to order four 27X9X14 Tusk Terrabite tires. What say ye?

·
Grizzled Mod
185 Posts
It is highly suspected that RMATV owns the Tusk brand. If you do a search, many have good things to say about Tusk products. I have bought multiple Tusk products and never had an issue with any. Although I have not made major purchases of Tusk brand but don’t feel any reservations about doing that.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is highly suspected that RMATV owns the Tusk brand. If you do a search, many have good things to say about Tusk products. I have bought multiple Tusk products and never had an issue with any. Although I have not made major purchases of Tusk brand but don’t feel any reservations about doing that.

You didn't vote!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use Tusk products all the time and have been a Rocky Mountain customer for years. with there tires i had only one of 8 (two quads back then) get a slice in the side wall so bad the tire had to be replaced. My friend admitted sliding the back end into a sharp rock and paid for the tire. But since then I've run Sedona rip saw tires, they are very tough and the sidewalls have never been cut yet.... By the way I live in the desert, so nothing but rocks where I ride.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've got the Tusk Mud Force tires on mine and performance wise they're excellent. Tread life? not so much. They are wearing down pretty fast. They claim the Mud Force tire is an all purpose tire but the rocks in my area are eating them up. I do run more air pressure (7psi) than most people so it's possible that is contributing to the tread wear.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 27X9X14 Terribites mounted on MSA M12 14X7 wheels are sitting in my drive way now! I ordered them late afternoon yesterday! Gonna take them into the garage and check them out later today. Next tire project will be PitBull Growlers for the factory rims..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Need to get some diggers like that on the fj..

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before we retired we would drive the FJ to Ouray CO for a week and then to Moab for a week. The factory Off-road BFGs server me well with 55,000 miles. Sandys parents got mold and sick which killed our traveling so I went with the tamer BFGs for city driving. They're not bad and the FJ is a billy goat by nature.

Now Sandy wants a new Bronco! Those things are wicked...

·
Super Moderator
389 Posts
I'm not a fan of the tread pattern on those, but man i really like that shoulder / sidewall design. Should have some side note if you get in some ruts. Should look awesome on the bear

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
got them installed and will be ready to "tune" the air pressure soon. Factory 25s said to use 4-1/2 PSI and 5-PSI. Where would be a good place to start?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Start with 5 psi.

Reactions: Jssrvlz
1 - 20 of 30 Posts