Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #41
My Tusk terrabites are greatly out of balance. At first, I thought I had a flat spot and that could still be true. In any case, they are out of balance. I asked the people at RMATV several times about that and they only said "we don't balance". I offered to pay extra but got nothing out of them. I'm calling tomorrow to see what they can bring to the discussion...

Super Moderator
You would be better off going to your local tire dealer and see what they can do for you.

While I have heard of ATV tires being balanced I have never seen it done or any tires with wheel weights on them

Registered
I put ITP Delta steel 7x12 wheels with Kenda bearclaw HTRs on the 700. I had them balanced at the shop that the Chevrolet dealer sends their Camaros and Corvettes for balancing. The ATV tires required more weights to balance than any of the cars and trucks I have SHOD over the years. The atv tires are tough and capable but as they are not designed for 'high speed ' road use .. attention to the balance is minimal. Definitely have them balanced. Red

Super Moderator
A lot of times if they are having a problem balancing one they can always break it down and move the dire to a different position on the rim.

I had a set of recap truck tires many years ago and that was the only way that they could come close to getting them balanced, even then I had a slew of weights on those tires.

Reactions: RED KED HUSKER

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #45
They are taking them back and replacing them with whatever I want (my cost for the difference). I鈥檓 going with Maxxis Coronado 26X9X14. Now I have to take the Tusk tires off and send them back...

41 - 45 of 45 Posts