Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are some good places to buy Tire/Wheel combos mounted and shipped, on-line?

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
162 Posts
Rocky Mountain ATV does sets

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discount tire seems very popular

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
A nice thing about buying them locally at a shop like Discount is that if you have problems with them you can go back to them to have them take care of the problems.

On a side note I have a friend who put 4 brand new tires on his ATV and got them from Discount Tire. In 5 days time we put 20 plugs in one tire, all at the same band location of the tire. I thought that he was running over a tent spike where we were camped at and scoured the ground and never found a thing. It was just a bad tire. He took it back to Discount and they gave him a new tire.

That is hard to do if you get your tires through the mail.

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
A nice thing about buying them locally at a shop like Discount is that if you have problems with them you can go back to them to have them take care of the problems.

On a side note I have a friend who put 4 brand new tires on his ATV and got them from Discount Tire. In 5 days time we put 20 plugs in one tire, all at the same band location of the tire. I thought that he was running over a tent spike where we were camped at and scoured the ground and never found a thing. It was just a bad tire. He took it back to Discount and they gave him a new tire.

That is hard to do if you get your tires through the mail.
All you have to do is walk into a store that sells the same brand/model of tire. Doesn't matter where you got it, if it's warrenty by manufacturer, it's no loss for the shop, and if they know the oroper way to do the paperwork, they can actually make a little profit. I did this for over 10 years, sellin everything from wheel barrow tires right up to gian OTR tires for heavy equipment.
If the shop won't help you, they are 100% lazy or incompetent.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
All you have to do is walk into a store that sells the same brand/model of tire. Doesn't matter where you got it, if it's warrenty by manufacturer, it's no loss for the shop, and if they know the oroper way to do the paperwork, they can actually make a little profit. I did this for over 10 years, sellin everything from wheel barrow tires right up to gian OTR tires for heavy equipment.
If the shop won't help you, they are 100% lazy or incompetent.

But when you live in a place like I do you may have to walk a couple hundred miles to find that store that sells that brand.

Reactions: MarshMaster

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
But when you live in a place like I do you may have to walk a couple hundred miles to find that store that sells that brand.
Well you get your exercise then... Lol

Reactions: JimP

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking for a wheel/tire combo in the AT fashion. My plan is to buy the complete set so that I can switch back and forth easily. I could really use the all-terrain setup now. Does anybody have recommendations for an AT tire? I'll probably duplicate the current setup with 25X12s..

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm looking for a wheel/tire combo in the AT fashion. My plan is to buy the complete set so that I can switch back and forth easily. I could really use the all-terrain setup now. Does anybody have recommendations for an AT tire? I'll probably duplicate the current setup with 25X12s..
Bighorns are a very popular AT tire.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great, please keep the info coming. I'm also kinda at a loss on the wheels. I may just bite the bullet and buy a set of stock SE matching wheels. Any suggestions on wheels would be appreciated as well..

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
If you want to check on line check out Rocky Mountain ATV they have a pretty good assortment of both tires and wheel combinations.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm dealing with Rocky on the order, but they don't have the factory wheels in stock. I can wait on the BO if it's not forever. I'm wondering if I should go with 10" on all four corners. Use the same 25X10X12 front and rear using factory rear wheels. What do you guys think about that setup?

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
On a old Big Bear that I had I put 11" tires on the front and rear of the bike.

Never again. I'll stick with a 9" front, it just drives so much easier than a wider tire plus the wider tire will wear on the steering components and put more stress on the power steering.

For the wheel, I would just pick one out that I liked instead of trying to match the factory wheel.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm dealing with Rocky on the order, but they don't have the factory wheels in stock. I can wait on the BO if it's not forever. I'm wondering if I should go with 10" on all four corners. Use the same 25X10X12 front and rear using factory rear wheels. What do you guys think about that setup?
Many have 10" wides all around with good results.... your call.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I would like to go 26x9x12 on all four,but I don't want to buy two new rims so Ill have to stick with 9s on front 11s on rear. Im really getting "TIRED"looking at tires.

·
Grizzled Mod
182 Posts
Consider this in your purchase, ITP wheels offer a limited lifetime warranty and I do not believe aftermarket purchase of OEM wheels provide that. There may be other manufacturers that provide a lifetime warranty but I do not have a list.

Reactions: JD864

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m looking at the weight of aftermarket tires and they’re much heavier than I expected. Sedona has the only light weight tires that I like. Now I’m looking for somewhere to source them mounted...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts