Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride in hilly and uneven terrain, so I am curious if tire pressure is critical to stability. I found I had close to 6 LBS in my tires, and took them down a bit. It seems softer, but more tippy on side hills. Anyone have some thoughts on how tire pressure affects stability.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I ride in hilly and uneven terrain, so I am curious if tire pressure is critical to stability. I found I had close to 6 LBS in my tires, and took them down a bit. It seems softer, but more tippy on side hills. Anyone have some thoughts on how tire pressure affects stability.
Really depends on what tires you run to. My Growlers have stiff side walls and even with fast aggressive driving over rough terrain, I've settled at 4 psi all around. In comparison stock tires are much softer as you've observed.

I've found that 1 to 2 psi difference can drastically change an atv's ride quality and handling characteristics.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, in my case, once I let the dropped the air pressure, I actually stopped to see if I had a flat, but they are all over 4 LBS. Thanks for the reply and info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts