Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Tiger Tail?

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  XeroSasEnchros 
#1 ·
I have seen a few vids of these and they look like a great addition for quick and easy recovery for stuck fellow riders.

Does anyone have any experience with these? If so, please share with us. Does it work as well as it seems to? Is it durable?

https://tigertail.us/

I'm thinking of getting one after I get new tires, so it might be awhile but would like to hear about people's experience with this product before pulling the trigger if possible.

Happy Trails!

: )B

#4 ·
I also like the idea of a winch a lot better.

You have to think that if you get stuck do you want to have to be pulled through the mess or pulled out of it?

Most people once stuck just want to get out of it and turn around. But then there are the others that want to get pulled out and continue on. Hoping that they don't have to drive back through the mess where they got stuck at in the first place.

#6 · (Edited)
Most of the time for me the only choice is to pull through and continue on. Also I’ve seen enough winch cables break with the type of winching we have to do down here in the clay. For me a tiger tail makes sense.

I have a winch in the front and use a tow strap in the back. Im looking a getting a tiger tail soon.

Edit: I’m also usually with other people. So that helps too. If I was solo riding I’d probably lean more towards a winch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.