Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
You will need to contact Urmosi himself and ask but his website says "ships worldwide"

I don't know specifically that it will fit on your 450 but all a throttle is is a pivoting lever that pulls on a cable and is pretty universal. There is a fitment document on his webpage so maybe that will help but just know that he does not list the Grizzly 700 with EPS on there and it works on mine and a couple other Grizzly 700 EPS owners I know of. When you look at the parts break-down for a 2018 Kodiak 450, the throttle assembly looks like a standard cable pull lever just like on all of Yamaha's ATVs.
I have an 700-21 but find one from 450 in uk

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
82 Posts
I think those extenders are too long and end up putting the throttle in an awkward position. The one I bought was not the Kolpin unit but another one. Did not like it at all.

I decided to fab up something simple that I could easily modify to get things comfortable for me. It took a few tries.
If it works out I'll make something more permanent.

Some zip ties, a piece of steel bent accordingly and some electrical tape.
I haven't tried this on the trail yet but it feels good.
Pretty easy to do and gets it exactly where you want it.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Looking up at the bottom.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part Motor vehicle Rim

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok i have to try something also.i don understand why they dont have any adjustments from stock.i think the leveler is to far back for my hand only feels good when riding standing up

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wife was just wondering if the thumb extender would help out anywhere else..

·
Registered
Yamaha 2021 Kodiak 450eps se Yamaha 2020 WR250r
13 Posts
If you just rub the one you have it will get longer. At least thats what I heard, but that was on a Polaris forum.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
If you just rub the one you have it will get longer. At least thats what I heard, but that was on a Polaris forum.
That wasn't a thumb throttle the polaris guy was talking about.....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
82 Posts
I think those extenders are too long and end up putting the throttle in an awkward position. The one I bought was not the Kolpin unit but another one. Did not like it at all.

I decided to fab up something simple that I could easily modify to get things comfortable for me. It took a few tries.
If it works out I'll make something more permanent.

Some zip ties, a piece of steel bent accordingly and some electrical tape.
I haven't tried this on the trail yet but it feels good.
Pretty easy to do and gets it exactly where you want it.

View attachment 11000

Looking up at the bottom.

View attachment 11001

70 mile run today. Better but still not there. I need to add abut 1/2" in length and add an angle to the home made extension.
Going to get to it tomorrow to try it on a Monday ride in tougher terrain (if my riding buddy is able to go)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts