Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these a week or so ago and got it installed on Sunday.

If I would have had a pair of side cutters with me I would have taken it off within about 4 miles of riding, I do not like this accessory. There will be people that love these things, I'm not one of them. To me, there is no doubt that this thing would cause me to wreck.

Not sure if it's where my hands are so big, and even bigger when wearing gloves, but I accidentally launched the bike more than a few times. I bent it this way and that way but there was no relief of it being very much in the way.

Anyone else put one on and have the same issues?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yea...dont go wrecking now!

It definetly took me a while to get used to. I made sure to slide it a decent way onto the original peice.

I have experienced the danger of it a time or two, like standing up with a second person on the back. I accidentally bump it sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
You can't just install it and go. You need to adjust where your oem throttle is too. And most of the time if you actually adjust the throttle location, you will have no need for the thumb buddy.
Skier all throttle thum can be resolved by loosening the throttle on the bar, rotating and sliding it a bit to customize its position for your hand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: fossil and Vincent

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It definitely took me a while to get used to. I made sure to slide it a decent way onto the original peice.
I do know that WAY too much was sticking out. I may take another look at it...1/2" to 3/4" out would be more than sufficient...doesn't really matter if the zip ties go through their little cutouts or not...or I could make my own slots..

·
Registered
699 Posts
Is this what you have?

For 6 months I was forced to use one on these because a pritty bad atv related incident to my thumb. To make it comfortable (ish) I had my throttle twisted much lower then normal. In my case I managed 500+kms in that time period before I was recovered kinda enough to go back to stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this what you have?

For 6 months I was forced to use one on these because a pritty bad atv related incident to my thumb. To make it comfortable (ish) I had my throttle twisted much lower then normal. In my case I managed 500+kms in that time period before I was recovered kinda enough to go back to stock.
Yup...that's the beast!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put one on and took it off before I tried riding with it. I couldn't get it where it felt half decent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts