Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past week I sold a 16' trailer the I no longer needed. In the process I would tow it out onto my front lawn with a 4 Sale sign on the trailer for people to contact me.

It wasn't on my lawn for a hour Saturday morning before a nice looking lady knocked on my door and asked how much for my Kodiak. I told her that I was just selling the trailer and use the Kodiak to move it around. After she left I got a call from a person outside asking how much for the Kodiak. I again told this person the story. About two hours later a person showed up and wanted to buy both, the trailer and the Kodiak. Another person showed up and wanted to talk about the trailer. He looked familiar and come to find out he was the person who had bought my 2000 Kodiak 400 from me. Surprising it was still running as long as he remembered to put some oil in the crankcase before he used it and drained the oil out of the air filter housing. But he also asked if I wanted to sell my Kodiak. I finally disconnected the Kodiak from the trailer and put it back into the garage.

A short time later a person showed up and bought the trailer. But he did ask if I had sold the Kodiak since it was no longer connected to the trailer.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I am going to need it for the next month during hunting season, then comes snow plowing season with a break in February to go hunting again in Arizona.

When it comes down to it I need my Kodiak to have fun

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: rancherMike

Registered
I sold my 01 400 a few months back , had tons of calls. The guy that bought it was willing to drive the 4 hrs to my house that night I listed it. He wouldn鈥檛 have gotten to my house till 11 at night. He was at my house the next day waiting for me when I got home from work and didn鈥檛 even try to talk me down (I had it listed a couple hundred more than it was worth, cause you know I figured we would barter a bit) he said it was a good price from what he鈥檚 been seeing listed.

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
Rides are scarce. I've done a few rides with a friend that has a 2020? KTM motocross 250cc bike. I has 60 hours on. The dealer he bought it from has called him twice offering him what he paid for it +$1000.

Crazy times.

Registered
Well, I ordered a 21 model in April, and I'm on my 2nd dealership still waiting for one. The first one finally got the one I ordered in July, and the day before I was going down to pay and pick it up, they called me saying they ordered the base model instead of the EPS model, despite it being on the deposit receipt that I ordered the eps model. Went and got my deposit back, and went to a closer dealership, they had one more coming in for the year sometime this month or early October. So I put my deposit on that one.

Registered
2021 Kodiak ESP SE
Well, I ordered a 21 model in April, and I'm on my 2nd dealership still waiting for one. The first one finally got the one I ordered in July, and the day before I was going down to pay and pick it up, they called me saying they ordered the base model instead of the EPS model, despite it being on the deposit receipt that I ordered the eps model. Went and got my deposit back, and went to a closer dealership, they had one more coming in for the year sometime this month or early October. So I put my deposit on that one.
Put a deposit on Kodiak 700 ESP SE mid June, told it would be here sometime in August, then September, now October. Primary use will be ice fishing so I have a few months before the lake is frozen, would like to get it set up for fishing though. Will hang onto my 2002 Bombardier 650 just in case!
[/QUOTE]

Registered
Same for trucks and tractors, I have a friend who gets a letter each month to sell his Ram one ton dually. At first he was open to it since he doesn't drive it much, but now he is wanting to keep it.

Registered
鈥21 700 Raceline wheels and 26s - 鈥19 450 1.5鈥 lift, 27s, Warn VRX, Monster CVs - 鈥18 450 Stock
For my 700 I googled and found the closest dealer with one in stock. I happen to call them just as they were getting it in. It wasn鈥檛 sold so I guess I had lucky timing. They still had Grizzlys on the floor not spoken for.

Registered
It was tough down here in Arkansas. Not even realize that there was an issue, but I did once I start looking. The first dealer I went to had a 700 eps on the spot and he said it's a good price which it was with no markups no destination fees or paperwork fees... He said it'd be gone. I'm looking for a Honda if I don't find what I'm looking for I'll come back and get it Monday I didn't find what I was looking for and when I got back it was gone. I did find a couple of 700 eps and a few other dealers, but they were asking a lot more than what these people were selling theirs for. Ultimately I decided to wait for them and it took me 3 months. In those three months I was still looking used and even still considering a honda.. it was just the Hondas were overpriced and just couldn't compete spec wise with the features that I wanted. And for the other yamahas, I just didn't get a good value at the dealers. For me, my money is worth it to a place that's going to not only treat me right but be fair. And this place was more than fair. They just didn't tell Yamaha ATVs which I think is a good thing. They sold chainsaws and tractors.. so the ATVs were not their big seller,... I truly believe that's overall why they were able to just give me and everyone else decent pricing because they sold their tractors and all other form equipment. ATVs are just another thing that they sell that sells fast. Everywhere else we're just ATV dealers and I believe they were starving for money so with the low inventory coming in and the market, it was easy to make a buck. These people treated me right and I'll go back to them again.

Registered
This week I contacted 10 dealers within about 4 hours from my house. About half didn't respond. A couple told me they don't have any, and no date to get any. One was surprised I found any anywhere. I found fees up to $800 (on top of full MSRP). The worst I was quoted for an in stock unit was a 2021 kodiak 450 base + camo for 7,988.63 + tax = 8587.78.

Today I put a deposit on a 2022 kodiak base 450 (blue) for 7223.93 including tax. That's MSRP + freight + the freight surcharge + $59 doc fee. It was the best price I found. They already had it on order, supposed to arrive next month. He told me they usually have 20 atvs in stock, but this year Yamaha only allocated them 3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts