Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
After our last snowstorm I got out and cleared my driveway along with the neighbors drives and sidewalks.

Then yesterday I was pushing some snow into new areas so that I would be ready for the next storm whenever it shows up. I got up onto a pile of snow and when I was backing up I heard a grinding type of noise, I just thought that it was some ice up and hitting on the front axles. The second time that I heard it I figured that I would take a look and see just what was happening.

Well the back two bolts holding the front skid plate came out. I must not of gotten them completely tight when I did my last oil change. But the scraping noise was from the plastic plate when it would bend under the Kodiak when I was backing up. Well, that was a quick fix, just pull the front bolts out and continue with pushing snow. However I found a nut sitting there in my driveway that belongs somewhere up on the front end of the Kodiak or above it. I figured that it had came off sometime in the last few months and was just sitting on the skid plate until the plate flopped upside down and the nut fell out.

I then pulled the battery cover off to take a look at things only to see that 2 of the 4 grommets that hold that cover in place were now gone. I cold see one in the depths of the body plastic but that will have to wait until this coming spring for me to get it out. The other one is in who knows where land. The last time that I had that cover off was last summer so who knows how long they have been missing. I am just glad that I have the fasteners that I installed to hold that cover in place or it may of flown off on the last trip that I went on.

So a quick order for new bolts and grommets and I'll be ready once it warms back up, that is except for trying to figure out just where that nut came from. I have looked at parts diagrams and there are 3 or 4 locations that it could of came from but things have to be torn down a little to actually see just where it came from.

By the way Happy New Years to my Kodiak riding brothers..

Registered
Late start for us here. First major snow storm of season tomorrow. Plow is ready to go.

Registered
We ve already got 2 - 2.5 ft of snow on the ground.

Reactions: Nomad

Registered
You can keep it lol.....you can have mine too lol. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older but, I've grown to hate snow. I hate it less when coyote hunting though.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #6
I warmed up some today when I committed to a African safari in 2022.

It doesn't get me through this and next winter but it does warm up the blood some.

Registered
We finally got a couple of inches here. I got a twelve pack of Lagunitas for plowing a friend's driveway and front walk.

Plowing is riding and riding is fun. Especially when you get paid in beer.

Registered
Rod around a nearby swamp today. Snow was over my knees. ( I'm 6ft)

Though not obvious in these pictures, walking around without snowshoes proved almost impossible....

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts