Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any confirmation that the 2016 (and older) Grizzly bars will fit the new Kodiaks? The machines are identical... But there is no confirmation that it will actually work. they are both 7/8 bars. But the Grizz bars are quite a bit taller. Which is awesome. I dont know what Yamaha was thinking when they put those low knee rubbing bars on the kodiaks...
Yes I know that Rox makes a riser kit. But its $200 shipped to Canada. I can get Grizzly bars for $60. Obviously, that seems like the way to go if someone wants an easy 2" bar lift.
It is suspicious that NOT ONE case of confirmation can be found on the internet. Lots of questions about this... lots of interest. I would assume someone has tried it! But I have a suspicion that moderators of these forums, are not allowed to post any cheats that would hurt the OEM market...
If you have any info on this, please PM me. I fear any confirming replies will just be deleted by the Illuminati running this site... hahahaha jk ;) >:)

Super Moderator
I have seen a couple of videos of owners putting the Grizzly bars on a Kodiak and I have a set of them sitting in my garage just waiting for me to put them on.

From what I understand they will raise the bars about 2" so I will see hopefully that they do.

But it will be a couple of weeks before I start that project.

Registered
I鈥檓 not sure you can go much higher that the Rox kit. I went the Rox route and once all installed there is not much more cable length left for the rear hand brake. An email to Rox confirmed that i鈥檇 have to replace the cable if I wanted any more height.

Registered
I鈥檓 not sure you can go much higher that the Rox kit. I went the Rox route and once all installed there is not much more cable length left for the rear hand brake. An email to Rox confirmed that i鈥檇 have to replace the cable if I wanted any more height.
How high is the Rox kit you used?

Would it work with the stock headlight?

Registered
The standard 3.5 risers with the standard handlebars they include. I have a base model so no headlight to worry about. I wanted the 5 inch ones but Rox said it would not work, after the install I鈥檇 say they were correct. I have though about just ditching the hand brake all together as the rest of the cables look good to go higher.

Registered
The standard 3.5 risers with the standard handlebars they include. I have a base model so no headlight to worry about. I wanted the 5 inch ones but Rox said it would not work, after the install I鈥檇 say they were correct. I have though about just ditching the hand brake all together as the rest of the cables look good to go higher.
Eliminating that left brake cable and lever was one of the first things I did. I took mine out in pieces. I'm so used to using that hand for clutching and I didn't want to grab a handful of brake at the wrong time.

Super Moderator
I just did the Grizzly bars on my Kodiak.

I was going to take some pictures but figured that there really isn't anything to take a picture of.

My stock bars were 32" or 81.2cm for our north of the border friends from the floorboard to the center of the handle bar. The Grizzly bars measure 34 1/2" or 87.63cm from the floorboard to the center of the handle bars.

All the cables reached just fine.

I am 6'4" or 193cm and with the stock bars I had to bend over to have complete control with both hands on the grips, with the Grizzly bars it looks like I can grab both grips and stand up straight. I'll find out when I take it for a good ride.

Reactions: Primethious

Super Moderator
One thing that I didn't mention that you need to pay attention to is if your winch switch is on the left side brake lever is that the bolt is really not long enough to really grab enough threads and you might end up stripping it out. At least that is what I did but I was able to get another bolt 5mm longer and get it taken care of.

Registered
I went with the rox kit on my 17 se, I also added a spacer that goes between riser and bars I got from rox that they said would not work. It gives me even more height. I did not have any problem with cable length.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts