Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Ive been a lurker here for a while. Might be taking the plunge soon into a 2017 Kodiak SE Tactical Black. I would prefer Camo but I want the perks of the SE. And yes I have driven the grizzly and kodiak back to back and prefer the Kodiak.

I have found a reputable Ebay seller selling a brand new set of OEM Camo plastics for the Kodiak. My question is would anyone be interested in purchasing my Tactical Black plastics, they would be taken off before use so they would be brand new.

I havent figured out a fair price yet but just wanted to know if there was any interest, I guess the alternative is for me to list them on ebay and hope for the best once i recieve the camo set.

Anyway hello from Nova Scotia Canada a maybe soon to be kodiak owner. I just need to drive a Rubicon at a dealer to see if i like it better.

Cheers

·
Registered
758 Posts
Have you looked at the option of having your plastics hydro dipped? That is how the factory camo is applied .

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can also buy vinyl wrap, so you could cover your existing plastic. The advantage to this is you could choose your own camo pattern instead of going with Realtree Xtra (the factory pattern). You could probably buy enough vinyl to do the bike much cheaper than buying all new plastic.

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of Nova Scotians on here, myself included, and also plenty of other Maritimers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Just4Kixx, I have noticed quite a few maritimers on the forum its half the reason I created the account.

As for the plastics, the more i look at the black online, its growing on me. The Midnight blue is ok too, i just had my heart set on the camo regardless of which wheeler I buy. Honda's phantom camo is really nice.

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess the tactical black hasnt been out long for the kodiaks, anyone have any comments on the black, i was leaning towards camo for the look and figured it would wear better, scratches etc... more visible forever on the black.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I think matte black would be hard to keep clean but they look sharp on the showroom floor. I like the blue and white 2017 se.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My buddy has Rubicon in white and we do the same trails and you don't see hardly any scratches on his. I have a green Kodiak and the scratches show up allot more. Camo holds up really well as another friend of mine has one but he's not as adventurous as us. Camo does look sharp.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I love the camo. Nice thing about it is it hides dirt, so it looks clean even when dirty. Bad thing about it is it hides dirt, so it looks dirty even when clean.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone have the Midnight Blue Metallic? It looks like a car type paint, I like the shade of blue vs the lighter blue on the grizzly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can also buy vinyl wrap, so you could cover your existing plastic. The advantage to this is you could choose your own camo pattern instead of going with Realtree Xtra (the factory pattern). You could probably buy enough vinyl to do the bike much cheaper than buying all new plastic.

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of Nova Scotians on here, myself included, and also plenty of other Maritimers
"yup, a vinyl wrap is much more practical and cheaper. My vinyl wrap project was installed by Gatorwraps and I am very satisfied"

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually called Yamaha Corp. they were great. They don't use auto paint like Polaris and can am as they say it doesn't hold up as well as their wrap. They claim paint when hit hard will spider and crack as opposed to scratch / tear. Pick Time will tell. My Midnight Blue Metallic Kodiak is being built. Pick up this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Ive been a lurker here for a while. Might be taking the plunge soon into a 2017 Kodiak SE Tactical Black. I would prefer Camo but I want the perks of the SE. And yes I have driven the grizzly and kodiak back to back and prefer the Kodiak.

I have found a reputable Ebay seller selling a brand new set of OEM Camo plastics for the Kodiak. My question is would anyone be interested in purchasing my Tactical Black plastics, they would be taken off before use so they would be brand new.

I havent figured out a fair price yet but just wanted to know if there was any interest, I guess the alternative is for me to list them on ebay and hope for the best once i recieve the camo set.

Anyway hello from Nova Scotia Canada a maybe soon to be kodiak owner. I just need to drive a Rubicon at a dealer to see if i like it better.

Cheers
did you sell your plastic? i am interested

1 - 15 of 15 Posts