Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, purchased my 20’ Kodiak 700 last year and so far it’s been awesome. (Old Honda guy). It’s time to throw a winch on her! I am wanting to go with the SuperWinch Terra series. I am debating between the 2500 or 3500lb? I know 2500lb should be plenty but is it worth it to upgrade to the 3500? Also where is everyone buying there SuperWinch? Any dealers in here that give discounts for members? Thanks!

·
Registered
789 Posts
The terra 25 has been plenty on mine. I think the 35 is overkill for the size of the machine but it certainly won't hurt it.

·
Super Moderator
2,003 Posts
It will depend on when you are going to need the winch. If you are bogged down in mud up to the handlebars then the 3500 may be the best. But if you are just using to raise and lower a plow blade along with occasionally getting unstuck where you can use the Kodiaks power then the 2500 should be fine

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only plan to use the winch if I get stuck in some moderate mud holes. I’m not snorkeled nor care to get that deep. Also will use around my hunting club to move stuff if need be. I’ve just heard a theory of when you max a 2500 out you use more voltage then you would if it was a 3500 so it’s better on the electrical system to have more power then you need. But 3500 just seems so big on these machines.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You will be fine with the 25. I've never felt under winched with it yet . I dare say if you get stuck enough to stop the 25 from pulling you out, your probably not getting out with the 35 either.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 17 EPS has the Stealership installed 2500 Warn and has been perfectly adequate but having the 3500 to me it is like having AWD or 4 wheel drive on a vehicle, it's good to have and not need it than to need it and not have it. Probably not that much more money to go with the 3500.

Steve........

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nobody ever said geez wish I had less winch .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts