Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Happy with your new clutch kit?
I got 5 miles on it and I did a top speed run Saturday morning at 6am. I hit 60 GPS. It got up to 50mph faster than stock. After that seemed the same till topped out. I like the clutch upgrades. I am happy and everything seems good. I will never get over 40 mph where we ride mostly. Lots of low end and tires feel like stocks. Slight wobble from 28-32 mph. I'm running 5psi. Might raise the air pressure some. I am building a big deck in the backyard so we have been to busy for fun this weekend. Looking forward to a longer ride but life keeps finding reasons why I cant right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Being DAD doesn't always leave much time for self. Oh by the way did you guys know that DAD stands for 'Dollar Aquistion Device' ..right?. Hope you f ok nd some time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not much beats a good deck , you will cover it with a roof? Makes the space so very usable. Sit outside and listen to the rain pitter/pat, and ignore the world. Looks great.

·
Registered
148 Posts
By the way..I am probably going to upgrade tires and on the affordable side the SunF AO33 tires look good and seem to get very favorable reviews. Had any time on them yet? Any solid feelings as of yet? Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
By the way..I am probably going to upgrade tires and on the affordable side the SunF AO33 tires look good and seem to get very favorable reviews. Had any time on them yet? Any solid feelings as of yet? Thanks
I don't have much time on them yet but it will come. I would buy these again no problem. The only negative this far is a slight wobble or shimmy around 30 on pavement at 5 psi. I believe on the trail you wouldn't even notice. They are non directional so I my swap left and right or add a couple pounds of air and see.
Where I ride mostly is hilly rocky trails with creeks and some trail mud and fire roads. Love them fire breaks. We really cant get above 45 mph anywhere safely. I also notice there not terrible on my yard if I make wide turns.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Not much beats a good deck , you will cover it with a roof? Makes the space so very usable. Sit outside and listen to the rain pitter/pat, and ignore the world. Looks great.
It will have a metal cover for sure. Yes sitting on the porch with the dogs and the coffee in the morning is why I get up, well that and work. Our kids are grown and we have 6 grand kids( don't live with us), and my 96 year-old grandpa lives with us. Life is good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't have much time on them yet but it will come. I would buy these again no problem. The only negative this far is a slight wobble or shimmy around 30 on pavement at 5 psi. I believe on the trail you wouldn't even notice. They are non directional so I my swap left and right or add a couple pounds of air and see.
Where I ride mostly is hilly rocky trails with creeks and some trail mud and fire roads. Love them fire breaks. We really cant get above 45 mph anywhere safely. I also notice there not terrible on my yard if I make wide turns.
Do those tires have the SUNF logo on both sides?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
I got out Saturday morning to the local ORV Park. The tires and clutch upgrades performed flawlessly. The trails were tight and rocky and I had plenty of low-end power. I'm at 5 psi and they seem to wrap pretty well around rocks and catch a tread and pull me right over. Hit a few mud holes on the trail and have zero complaints on the tires. Most of the time I did not even have to switch to four-wheel drive. The one mud hole I backed away from was on a Jeep trail and I was riding alone. I would not hesitate to purchase these tires again. This is a pretty good pic of the tread contact patch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Had to take the 31-year-old farm truck to the ORV Park today. The four-wheeler fits in the back of it way better than my other pickup.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wow. They do look pretty great. :)

Nice cliff spot too

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
613 Posts
Great to hear you a happy Kodi owner!!! Tires look good

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Seriously I am in central Missouri. I need to ride that ridge. Would drive there if you could tolerate a 'Tag Along ' .. really beautiful.
I would welcome the chance to ride with new people. We have hunting land that's the same layout with hills, rocks and tight trails. So it was a good test bed for the upgrades. I'm in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Gruber ORV Park is 1 hour from me. It would be a great day.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts