Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made the purchase of the Sunf A033 in 27x9 and 27x11. Is anyone else running this setup? I have no lift but I have grizzly weights and tuner. I'll post pics when there on.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Never heard of them before. Do you have weight specs?

·
Registered
491 Posts
They look like a Bighorn knock off.

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
491 Posts
Interesting. How do they compare to the bighorns weight wise?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Chinese knock offs of the bighorns tend to be heavy. you're going to notice some power loss. A friend of mine put a set on his rzr 570 and they had such an effect on the machine, he took them off and sold them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chinese knock offs of the bighorns tend to be heavy. you're going to notice some power loss. A friend of mine put a set on his rzr 570 and they had such an effect on the machine, he took them off and sold them.
That's terrible news. I will post weights and stuff as soon as I get them. For $360US delivered to my door I may get what I paid for, High hopes that they turn out good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went ahead and ordered a EPI purple spring and a shim kit just incase the grizzly weights aren't enough. That should help with any power loss.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ive seen these on amazon for a while. Might be the first time anyone has posted about them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not a fan of Chinese knock off stuff but if these are descent and I saved a couple hundred dollars its a win for me. I will post up any pros and cons of these along with weights and size.
I will do the grizzly weights and the purple spring combo for sure but I am going to wait on the shim till I see the results.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The bighorn is probably the most copied atv tire. There are several different chineses knock offs of it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes, and some are good others not so good

·
Registered
613 Posts
You certainly have a nice complete little Kodiak clutch kit there! Interested in your new tire revue

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ive not used the tire changer. But have considered that or some kind of 2×4 bolted to the garage studs. A friend has that for his motorcycle, and it works the same.

The main issue I had with my new tires was seating the bead. Spent hours trying to get the bead to grab, until I went to a local tire shop and paid them like 30 usd.

They had to fight with them too. But you can save money by just getting them on the rims by yourself

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You certainly have a nice complete little Kodiak clutch kit there! Interested in your new tire revue
I will post up top speed, ground clearance, weights and info on the tires. Then Ill do the clutch work and post those results.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I will post up top speed, ground clearance, weights and info on the tires. Then Ill do the clutch work and post those results.
How are the tires ? Photos please..

1 - 20 of 88 Posts