Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Kodiak 700 in green color. I have always garaged it and used it very minimal. Actually mostly for plowing my driveway in the winter. It's actually rarely been out in sunshine. I recently had it on a ride on a mostly sunny day around 77 degrees F outside. The bodywork around on top around the glove box area (mostly the lid of the box) is about 2/3 a milky white faded out area. There is nothing in the box other than the owners manual and an insurance card. It's like this happen within a couple hours. It's strange cause the whole area is not faded just partial. I didn't ride in any area where anything brushed up against it. I'm just curious if anybody else has had this almost instant fading of their plastic.

Super Moderator
It almost sounds like something was spilled on it that may of interacted with the plastic. I believe that the top of the glove box is a different type plastic than what the other plastics are.

I know that yesterday I was working in my garage and looked at my rear fender and noticed a yellowish area on the fender, I was wondering just what it was until I realized that it was just the sun hitting it.

Registered
Interesting, how about a photo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts