Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock never sounds good enough... I rode my 450 all last year with stock exhaust. Couldn't deal with it any longer.. so I bought a tip.

I purchased the tip from whiskey bent metal worx. They make tips in 1.5" and 2" diameters, and in 45 and 90 degree bends. I went with a 1.5" and 90°. Stainless with stainless hardware, even came with a free beer jacket.

Put it on, and it sounds much better. The overall sound itself is still more or less stock, but its deeper and louder.

I don't know if my phone camera does the sound any justice, but heres a clip. Ideally, I would of installed a complete slip on.. but ANY modification to powersports exhaust is illegal in maine.. and im apparently old enough now where I don't want to pay the ticket lol.

Almost old enough anyways.. if FMF ever decides to make a can for my machine I'm all over it lol.

Reactions: Rob-c and Vincent

·
Registered
414 Posts
Isn’t it funny how just a tip mod pleases our ears ...

Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Registered
300 Posts
That does sound better! I'm curious if you feel any horsepower gain.
You could try the country boy style. Somehow a rattling can is supposed to sound cool.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does sound better! I'm curious if you feel any horsepower gain.
After I get a tuner installed it'll no doubt be making a bit more.. if its enough to really feel or not is the million dollar question. Well see!

Isn’t it funny how just a tip mod pleases our ears ...
The brain and what kinds of noise it likes is really interesting lol.

Like.. it makes sense we like music... but exhaust IS really just pointlessnoise lol.. and we love it.

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds great! Wonder how it would sound on the 700!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts