Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a squealing sound coming from the area of the clutch i think, anyone know what that might be? (see video) And also why do you think it looks like a mouse exploded inside the ultramatic case?

The video is just after opening it, no fluff was removed or changed, and there's a lot of it stuffed back behind the belt area too.

for the video, put USk5HDT-fbQ after /watch?v= on youtube. Why the heck can't I just link the video in the first place?

EDIT: Looking deep in there with a flashlight, it did indeed seem a family of mice moved in and exploded into fluff and nest materials. Cleaned out all the fluff and mice and it still squeals, so I think they damaged something in there.

·
Super Moderator
1,227 Posts
I didn't watch the video but I will guess that the squealing is the drive belt slipping. Does it get louder depending on the speed you are going?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drive belt is in good condition and all the teeth are good. The sound is comin from up inside the clutch sorta area, it doesn't get louder, just faster as the engine revs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts