Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2020 base model to go with my 2017 EPS model and was wondering if you can add one of the aftermarket clusters from Trail Tech or somewhere to it or do they have to come from the Factory with a cluster already?

Steve.......

Super Moderator
No problem adding a gauge cluster from Trail Tech on the base model.

I have their Striker model on mine.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Does yours have the hook up for the water temp etc?
I have seen the Vapor, Striker and Striker II also.

Steve........

Super Moderator
Yes, it has quite a few features.

Odometer
Water Temperature
Volt Meter,
Trip Meter
Speedometer
Clock
and a couple of other things.

I did a custom mount using a piece of 2" angle iron. They now sell a aluminum mounting bracket for $60 or $70. Another member on here has the new mounting bracket.

Reactions: Vincent

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed on their site it mentions a 'kit', is that what is needed to do all the hook ups for the different things it does?

Steve.......

Super Moderator
Yes, the kit is what you need. It will include the cabling and a magnetic bolt for the speedometer. The bolt mounts into your front brake shield. It will also include the wiring for the temperature gauge, the sensor will mount into one of the radiator hoses.

I wanted to fuse the line from the battery into the meter so I picked up a inline fuse holder. This was not included in the kit and I sent them a email that it would be nice if it was. They said that they would look a it but I doubt that they listened to me.

I did have one problem, the first time that I was out in a driving rain some moisture got inside of the meter face. I called them and sent them a couple of pictures and they sent me a whole new unit. But that was the only problem and I haven't had any problems since.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's the one I'll order, also can you take a fuel pump/sending unit from one equiped factory fuel gauge and put it into a base model tank and wire it to the Trail Tech units? It couldn't be that easy or you guys would have done it already.
When I go to the Trail Tech and go through the thing to input my info it does not show the 2020 model, it goes from 2019 to 2121.

Steve..........

Super Moderator
Nothing should be model specific on the Striker. Nothing ties into any of the Kodiak's computer or any thing else.

The speedometer/odometer is ran off a sensor that they supply that you put into the brake dust shield and wheel.

The coolant temperature gauge plumbs into a radiator hose.

The volt gauge just connects to the battery.

I don't believe that you could connect a factory fuel level gauge to it. I don't worry about it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know, I wonder why they left out the 2020 in the model list?

Steve.........

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Do you happen to remember if the temp sensor fitting for the radiator hose is the 22mm or 25mm?

Steve........

Super Moderator
I can't remember but looking at their web site it appears that it was the 22mm one. At least mine is blue and that is what they are showing for the 22mm one.

The nice thing is that it just fits into a radiator hose so all it has to do is to fit into the hose and you then clamp it down with the provided hose clamps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts