Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone mounted speakers into a cargo box on there wheeler? i have a rear one and was tossing the idea around of doing it

·
Registered
261 Posts
It would probably sound like crap. I've been mulling around the idea of getting the waterproof/dustproof setup for the front rack though.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Years ago, we always had an old car stereo and 2 or 4 speakers wired up on our old honda 3 wheelers. Usually 2 6x9 alone or paired with 2 4" speakers. But they were mounted in the wooden cargo boxes we assists built for the bike. You need the solid surface, plastic flexes too much with very little air pressure and sounds like crap. The only way to make it sound decent would be to sandwich the baffel with plywood where the speaker is mounted, and actually enclose a small area around the rear of the speaker with wood.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Im thinking of how to strap a Jbl Boombox2 to my atv behind me in the seat. I think it will be enough volume. my little Wondeboom, is almost loud enough

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
Im thinking of how to strap a Jbl Boombox2 to my atv behind me in the seat. I think it will be enough volume. my little Wondeboom, is almost loud enough
A set of nylon ratching hold down straps should work, that is unless you like to use bungies....:love:

·
Registered
345 Posts
A set of nylon ratching hold down straps should work, that is unless you like to use bungies....:love:
Thats bout where im at on that, possibly a cargo net and ratchet strap, Put a pillow case over it, to see just how much more clean it stays

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Thats bout where im at on that, possibly a cargo net and ratchet strap, Put a pillow case over it, to see just how much more clean it stays
Covering it is a good idea..... You should have seen my $30 amazon bluetooth speaker after one dusty ride lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
GWAR! Hopefully.

Reactions: Jssrvlz
1 - 12 of 12 Posts