Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I despise factory levers on my Kodiak. They feel fine if you want to
wear heavy work gloves but not for more spirited adventure. I couldn’t find anyone making levers to solve the issue so I went searching for a solution and didn’t take long to find one! Turns out first generation R6 brake levers are a direct swap! The clutch one won’t work with the factory 4X4 cable actuator mount but after I get the Grabber differential kit installed I’ll just swap to the R6 clutch perch and be happy. Hope this helps others looking for an option.

Attachments

Reactions: Link

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm so used to clutching with my left hand that I took the left brake lever and cable off.
On the right side I had to move my thumb throttle over to the left approx 1/2" to make room for my powermadd hand guards.
After you get it installed please let me know if a 1/2" over would allow the short one to be usable.
I'd like to pick up a set...just want to make sure the short one would be long enough for my setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my master cylinder set about an inch from the throttle(see the pic) which lets my first two fingers fall naturally on the proper spot to work the lever. I could go over more if I wanted but the banjo bolt on the lines hits my hand guards preventing any further movement, you shouldn’t have that issue. If that’s nit quite enough for you there are versions that allow you to extend the length of the lever as well

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B074L...i=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=r6+brake+lever

Attachments

Reactions: Primethious
1 - 3 of 3 Posts