Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls, just wanted to reach out and say hi. I will be picking up a 2018 Kodiak 700 EPS SE this coming Tuesday. I have been riding since I was 6, i'm now 33. I tried the SxS world for less than a year and now I'm back haha. My last machine before a SxS was a "08 Grizz 700 and loved it. From what i'm reading on here the Kodiak is a great machine and the new 700 is impressive. I just wanted to say thank you for all the posts, it's invaluable when trying to decide on a new machine and I look forward to sharing information once I have a little time on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great choice! Can't wait to see some pictures of your new Kodiak.

Hey guys and girls, just wanted to reach out and say hi. I will be picking up a 2018 Kodiak 700 EPS SE this coming Tuesday. I have been riding since I was 6, i'm now 33. I tried the SxS world for less than a year and now I'm back haha. My last machine before a SxS was a "08 Grizz 700 and loved it. From what i'm reading on here the Kodiak is a great machine and the new 700 is impressive. I just wanted to say thank you for all the posts, it's invaluable when trying to decide on a new machine and I look forward to sharing information once I have a little time on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes Welcome!

Their is a lot of knowledge and information on this website and glad to have another to spread the knowledge! And Primethious that's a good question. Anyway welcome and hope you post a picture of the new rig!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to KO!
What was your deciding factor to pick the Kodiak over the Grizzly? Mine was seat comfort/shape.

My deciding factor was this machine is going to be used in AK for mostly hunting. I need a work horse that will stand up to abuse. The price point was great too, I also like that it's slightly lighter, turning radius is better, seat height, and handlebar feel. I pick it up on Tuesday and can't wait. I am having mud lite II's put on as well, had those on my last machine and loved them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you will love it! I bought mine by mistake, I wanted a Grizzley but the bike shop ordered the Kodiak se so I said it looks good lets do it ! i love it more than the Griz it sits lower, and is more nimble in tight trails, We do alot of riding at Hatfield and Mccoy trails . I have done some changes to m ine , but not necessary. { depends on what you want} Welcome to the Club!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here it is, more simple mods to come. I couldn't be more happy with the purchase, but like all machines I have bought it needs to go through some work and adventures before I can truly trust it.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted to share some photos of the Yamaha cargo box I just installed on the back rack. Seems to be good quality and is also designed for the rack so it inlays and fits clean and solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
In my area, a good reliable used ATV is hard to find, so buying new was my best option. I live in the Rocky Mountains outside of Denver so I need a serious snow plowing machine, in addition to a great machine for steep mountainous terrain and capable of handling rocky boulder fields. The Kodiak was a great machine, powerful, but yet light and nimble and the cost was unbeatable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts