Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So I've been going through forums and researching snowplows for my 2018 700 EPS SE and maybe I'm missing something but hoping everyone can lead me in the right direction. So I'm looking for a plow around 48-54" that is front mount so I don't reduce my ground clearance as much. Because I want to leave the mount on year round and just be able to hook up and go. But everything I'm finding that I like is under mount or costs $1200 apparently moose doesn't have any plows for 18's at least when you use their search by vehicle all it shows is some studs. Ive looked at KFI, Kimpex, Warn, Boss, Kolpin, cycle country, Extreme Max, Denali, Swisher. Please let me know what you guys have and anything I've mentioned that I should look at or just general ideas. I'll look into them. And pictures help if you have something I'm looking for if that doesn't ask too much, thanks guys (and girls!)

Super Moderator

Registered

Super Moderator
I have never had to run chains even when I was plowing with my old 400 Kodiak and 12" of snow. But if I stopped I had to get a run at the snow to keep going.

I got the blade for my 700 last year and never used it last winter. The most snow that we got at one time was perhaps 2" and I just used the old shovel go get rid of it. I'm hoping to put it to good use this year, I hope.

Registered
I picked up the front mounted 60" plow from Warn Provantage.
I bought it off ebay as components (all new), and assembled it, but haven't installed the front mount yet. Ran me about $550-$600.

Buy the pulley upgrade for about 20 bucks as most everyone says the plastic one breaks very quickly.

It's a very good setup that allows maximum lift on the blade, and you can even buy the bucket for it and turn it into a front loader.
You will need a winch to run it in either arrangement.

Registered
I'm running into a couple issues installing the front mount, winch plate, and winch together.
My Warn Vantage winch plate has two vertical holes for mounting it to the frame and two horizontal ears with holes for mounting the bumper to it.
First thing I noticed is that the plow mount which sits on top of the winch plate comes with two carriage bolts and nuts, but the vertical carriage holes appear to not be used as there is nothing there to attach to so the mount will only be held by the 4 bolts that hold down the winch.

Here is a mount like mine.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2017-...ash=item33cf507b7b:g:O98AAOSwlMFZJE6U&vxp=mtr

It appears that the plow mount needs to be trimmed on the horizontal flange where the bumper bolts connect to the winch plate.

The winch doesn't quite sit in the plow mount far enough towards the back so the shaped flange needs to have about 1/8"-3/16" taken off in that area.

I've looked around and have found another winch plate that has holes for the carriage bolts, but it doesn't appear to have the horizontal ear holes for the bumper. I'm abit puzzled at this point.
https://www.amazon.com/Warn-95740-Winch-Hardware-Included/dp/B01AXDHIE4

Super Moderator
I'm trying to remember the problems that I ran into like on yours.

I can't remember what all problems I had with the install but there were a few. I think that the plow mounting plate is for a couple different machines and not all bolts or holes in it are used.

I do remember that in order to get the bumper to bolt back up I had to grind a notch on the passenger side of the plate so that the bumper would not hit it.

I also remember drilling out one or two holes for the bolts that connect the winch back up to the mount, but if I remember right all I did was to enlarge the and use a washer.

It's hard to remember what I did a year ago last July, it is the pits getting old.

Registered
I installed a Moose RM4 mount on my 2016 two years ago and push a 50" plow. It was not overly difficult to install in my 40 degree garage. I have a Warn winch. When winter ends the RM4 mount is unnoticeable. I've plowed tons of snow here in PA the past 2 years.

The 2018 should be exactly the same as the 2016 as far as plow mounts go....unless the EPS SE equipment makes a difference, mine is a Base camo ride.

Registered
I have the factory 54" Yamaha Tric plow. Front mount and I am of the understanding it is only available through Yamaha Canada. Been an excellent set up so far.

Registered
Just kills me that they don't have the mount be the winch plate so it's a one piece unit!
I figured I'd take a different tack with this so I bought the winch mount with the drop down ears.
It's an $85 gamble.
Will let you guys know how it works out after it arrives from Montana.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts