Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since winter is looming here in Manitoba, I decided to try and make a budget snow plow for my Kodiak 700. Started it all off with the Swisher Blade mount #12019 that for some reason I had purchased a few years ago at a store clearout at the local Canadian Tire. Luckily i remembered I had it kicking around in the garage. I then searched and searched for a budget, compatible blade. I got lucky and found a 60" Swisher #18750 also on a store clearout at a different Canadian Tire in Winnipeg. Then i did a little research and found the Warn #88188 mid mount was the one for our machines, found a good deal on it at a local motorsports shop and mounted it, instead of fabbing my own. Then, all i had to do was do some cutting on the #12019, pickup some steel from a local machine shop, make brackets to join to the #88188, and of course welder' up! Used it for 2 days now, works great!

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
I put the factory Yamaha front mount 54" plow on mine at the start of last winter. If I have the need to use it this season as much as I did last, it will have paid for itself.for some odd reason, this plow is apparently only available to us in Canada.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts