Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you all get your Kodiaks to the trail? I live in Upper Suburbistan, where ATV's are not welcome on public roads, so I have to trailer my bike to the cottage and back. There are some trails near my house, though, and I intend on exploring them thoroughly this coming spring, but until then the Yammi is a trailer queen. Being the cheap [email protected]@rd that I am, who will not buy something I can make, I built a trailer. It's 6.5' wide and 12' long and holds two ATV's, the front one sideways and the back one lengthwise. This trailer was built using as much "recycled" (IE "free") metal as possible. The only metal I had to buy was the two main frame rails and the axle tube. Everything else was formerly scrap.

I call it the Teenage Mutant Ninja Trailer because it's green. Oh yeah, I got the paint free, too.

The last pic is of the Ninja Trailer with my Yammi and my father's King Quad on it at the cottage last year

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey pretty good lookin recycled trailer. I just put mine on the back of my 1/2 ton when i want to head way out back. I am lucky i have a provincal trail that runs right by my house. About 300 yards of pavement and onto the trail i go.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I built my trailer 14 yrs ago out of an old hardtop camper . Have to replace some steel this coming spring. It is 6' wide X 9' long. Thinking of building a new one that will accommodate 2 machines.

·
Registered
868 Posts
On a snowy hunting trip to Arizona a few years ago. My 2000 Kodiak is on the left

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Our new tow rig plus.

Betty Lou and I have a Lab/Pit mix rescue dog named Rambo. Since we began our ATV adventures, Rambo had to stay at home. That limited us to day trips only.... Our previous rig is my avatar.
Not anymore...
This past weekend we found and bought a used RV. Now Rambo can go with us and we can enjoy complete weekends at the ATV Parks.
We named it "The Mud Yacht".

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I head out camping this is it... if just riding foe the day it would be only the little trailer from the back.
but with all this I am ready for a long weekend with great rides, Good cooking and , Great drinks for the evenings....

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Old faithful . 2008 Honda Ridgeline

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
1990 toyota pickup 5 speed. Pulling a 2018 kodiak 700.

That little truck is just a tiny monster. I ride all mountain terrain.
I love it man, I'm a yota fan. I've got a 97 that I beat around in. Its a tough little truck. Here it is hauling some limbs. Had plenty of room on the hood for more.

Here's my tow rig too.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Picked up this 78" x 14' a few months back.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts