Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i seem to recall this question came up in the past..I remember my radiator always kicked on when i first turned the key over but now it suddenly isnt...even after a few minutes of running I cant get it it to kick in...I'm trying to determine if my engine just isnt getting hot enough for it to kick in or ifI'm having a problem with it

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yea. Ive seen alot of people talk about this. I believe it comes on at about 200 degrees just to maintain that constant temperature. Its not overheating when the fan comes on. But it does take a little while

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea. Ive seen alot of people talk about this. I believe it comes on at about 200 degrees just to maintain that constant temperature. Its not overheating when the fan comes on. But it does take a little while
does it always kick on automatically when you first turn the key in though?? i seem to recall mine always kicked on just by turning the key but never actually starting the engine...suddenly its not doing that anymore

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
Mine never has kicked on when I first turn the key on unless the temperature is way up there.

I have a actual coolant temperature gauge and the fans won't kick on until around 204 degrees F then they kick off at around 194

·
Registered
90 Posts
My fan comes on when my temp gauge reads 201 degrees which is close enough to 200 :)

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
My fan only comes on when hot.This maybe a stupid question but,are you sure it was the fan and not the fuel pump?

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
90 Posts
To me it sounds like a fan, i am not a mechanic but next time on my machine ill get it too 200 degrees and see if it is infact that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My fan only comes on when hot.This maybe a stupid question but,are you sure it was the fan and not the fuel pump?
good question..i just stopped by the dealer and they thought it was a fuel injection pump..i hinestly dont know but i sewar i used to hear a humming sound (like a fan) when i first turned the key over ..nobody else hears that?

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
It just may be the fuel pump under the seat.

It will come on for a couple of seconds until the fuel line is pressurized and it does sound a little like a fan.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Sounds like the fuel pump cycling. Perfectly normal

Reactions: Madmax
1 - 11 of 11 Posts