Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Super Moderator
I just use a cinder blocks under each tire. I then use my creeper to get under it but since all I really need to do under it is to pull the skid plates off it isn't too bad.

Registered
Cool, thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see what else people do, and then I will choose one or make a combination of them. I had been putting my ramps on my truck tailgate and driving part way up. That is not ideal.

Registered
I've been thinking about buying a lawn mower/motorcycle lift from harbor freight tools...therre only about $100-150 depending on the model but lift it almost 2 feet..i just dont know if trust those off brands

Registered
I've been thinking about buying a lawn mower/motorcycle lift from harbor freight tools...therre only about $100-150 depending on the model but lift it almost 2 feet..i just dont know if trust those off brands
I agree, but what ever you decide on make sure it is rated to handle the weight of a Kodiak or Grizzly.

Super Moderator
I use a MoJack. The nice part about this is you can remove the crank handle and use a cordless drill to power it up and down.

https://www.amazon.com/MoJack-XT-Re...=sr_1_1?keywords=mojack&qid=1571757736&sr=8-1
I'd be real careful with that lift since it is only rated at 500 lbs and the Kodiak is over 600 lbs, but if you are only lifting the front or rear alone it should work.

As for Harbor Freight most of their heavier lifting items work quite well. Just make sure that whatever you buy is rated for more than what you are lifting

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Registered
I don鈥檛 have the exact MoJack that I posted from Amazon that was just a reference. I have one my sister gave me when my brother inlaw passed away, he had a small engine repair shop that he used it in. And I know the Kodiak鈥檚 are over 600lbs but remember your only lifting the front end not the entire machine.

Super Moderator
I understand when you are only picking up one end or the other but most want a vehicle up into the air where it is easier to work on.

However even the one from HF has it's limits on working on something. It lifts the machine from the frame, so if you are like me and want to remove the skid plates before working on it or something along that line then you would still need to work on it before you lifted it. That is where I have found just 4 cinder blocks under the tires works just as well for me. Plus I purchased a mechanics stool that I use to sit on when working on something that low. That plus when I need to remove a tire for access to something I'll use jack stands to hold it up, but they also have their limits on these machines.

Here is a link to the HF lift for $169 or so, they have a cheaper one with the same rating but it has fewer wheels and bracing from what I can see.

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...0-lbs-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-63397.html

Registered
I USE A FRIENDS HARBOR FREIGHT LIFT it seems to be in the way unless you are working on the wheels and tires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts