Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new tire just arrived. Ripsaw 26x9x12 for all four corners. It is too hot in Las Vegas NV right now for riding but 5 or 6 more weeks and ill have a review for everyone. here are some pictures prior to mounting. I will have them mounted up in the next couple weeks. no rush right now as the daytime temps have been running 109 or higher last couple weeks. Night time temps above 88. I cant wait for October to arrive.
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Auto part Alloy wheel

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had the 27s on my 2016 Grizzly and they rolled over or through whatever was in front of them. I would love to have another set someday.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Very nice! What wheels will you be utilizing for your square set up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice! What wheels will you be utilizing for your square set up

I have the SE model and i love the looks of Yamaha's black and silver SE wheels. these tires will go on those wheels
then I need to get a set of black wheel for my paddle tires still ( when i hit the sand dunes i like to run paddles on all 4 corners)
Once i get these ripsaws mounted I will post more pictures

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Your rear wheels are 12 x 7.5 " and the front are 12x6" wide. Using the same 9" wide tires on different width wheels will give you different heights and side wall profiles front to back.

I was lucky to find a matching set of front wheels for 50$, so all four my 26 x 9" Growlers are mounted on 12 x 6" wheels maintaining same profiles at all four corners

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Those should be great for the dry terrain in your location. Sedona makes a quality product. Only rub on your choice is weight. Should wear like steel. Very stable tire.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colorado Kodiak
in the local area I tend to ride placed less crowded than Nellis dune or Logandale trails, although Logandale is very scenic... if you are coming to Vegas anytime soon it would be fun to get together and I could ride either of those areas if you like or a little further away are areas like Delamar Ghost town, or Lytle ranch Utah or Carp/Elgine road area. I assume there is a private message function on this site but I have no found it yet.
Also more pictures coming after I. get the tires mounted

·
Registered
429 Posts
Vincent do you need to update your sign on pic? Those are definitely not Pitbull Growlers on the post. I need to take my mug off and replace with better. The Growlers remind me of the great Metzlers back in my MX days.

·
Super Moderator
2,003 Posts
Colorado Kodiak
I assume there is a private message function on this site but I have no found it yet.
Also more pictures coming after I. get the tires mounted
If you would like to send a PM to another member hover the cursor over their user name and select Message. This is if you are on a PC. For a android phone click on their user name and select Message. For a iPhone I have no idea but would suspect it is similar to a android.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts