Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 19 Kodiak EPS SE last week. This is my first ATV. Started using it for work around the farmette. Already scraped the rear rack...Ughh...Had a power washer laying across the rear rack and somehow it scraped the black paint off. I know it鈥檚 a workhorse and will get scraped up but it still bothers me because it is so new! Is it normal for the racks to get torn up? Do you all do anything to try and prevent this type of damage or is this considered normal? Thoughts, comments, suggestions, and some comfort is appreciated! 馃槣

Attachments

Registered
Scraping the racks is an inevitability on an atv. Grab yourself an aerosol can of spray in bed liner for touch ups . It matches the finish fairly well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Scraping the racks is an inevitability on an atv. Grab yourself an aerosol can of spray in bed liner for touch ups . It matches the finish fairly well.
Perfect. Just the advice I was looking for! Thanks for your help!

Registered
Call a place that does spray on bed liners and see how much they would charge to coat the rack in bed liner material
You will have to remove rack but it will last a long time
I don鈥檛 know how good the spray can bed liner is
I have a 2019 Kodiak 700 eps great ATV
I just installed a Warn Winch and over fender Flares
Good luck

Super Moderator
I actually got some Herculiner from Lowe's and used it to line my tool box. Once that stuff is put onto something it won't come off, or I should say it takes a bit to get it off. I wouldn't hesitate to use it on the racks on my Kodiak.

You just have to remember that prep is everything. If you put it onto a surface that is pealing it is going to peal right off with what is under it. I would wire brush everything as good as I could to prep the surface and then go to town on it.

Super Moderator
Call a place that does spray on bed liners and see how much they would charge to coat the rack in bed liner material
You will have to remove rack but it will last a long time
I don鈥檛 know how good the spray can bed liner is
I have a 2019 Kodiak 700 eps great ATV
I just installed a Warn Winch and over fender Flares
Good luck
Do you have apic of your bike with the over fenders installed? I would like to see a couple good views overall and up clise on the front and rear.
I'm thinking of ordera set for my 18 700 se

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Thank you. I've been on the fence about ordering a set. I'm thinking they will look really nice with my lift and my 1.5" wheel spacers.

Super Moderator
I got them on eBay $189 with tax $207 free shipping
I won't be so lucky.... That's freadom dollars, I deal in Canadian paseos

Registered
I've used Spray can bed liner to cover up scratches and it's held up pretty good so far. The Herculiner recommendation reminded me of this forum thread titled "how-do-i-get-herculiner-off-of-my-hootus".

Super Moderator
That smarts.

But I do agree, when I did my tool box I made sure that I wore gloves and I never would of thought of doing what he did before I cleaned up

Registered
Do you have apic of your bike with the over fenders installed? I would like to see a couple good views overall and up clise on the front and rear.
I'm thinking of ordera set for my 18 700 se

2 of these have the factory tires still on but it gives you a good idea.

Registered
Looks great with the flares
Thanks. I have a lot of pride in my Kodiak. I wasn't sure about the flares when I first put them on but now I really like them, especially with the bigger tires. They make the whole machine feel bigger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts