Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He guys.. I'm not sure where to put this post, so I'll put it here. I heed a one-piece riding coverall for East Tennessee. The minimum riding weather would probably be the low-thirties with light snow or rain. What say-ye?

Super Moderator
I am presuming that you are talking about coveralls like ones that keep you warm or clean.

I have a set of bibs and jacket that are rain proof and quite warm. I'll wear them while hunting in temperatures down into the teens and below and still stay warm. Plus they are water proof encase there is a snow storm or cold rain. I got them from Cabela's but I am not sure if they carry anything like that since Bass Pro took them over and I refuse to purchase anything from them anymore to to lack of a quality product.

Before that I would wear a pair of Carhart coveralls with the black insulation. They were just as warm as my new gear but not water proof, you would have to wear some rain gear over them

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's what I'm looking for.. Possibly a ski suit might work...

Super Moderator
Against my better judgement I looked at the Cabela's site and they have quite a few bibs but that is all I looked at besides seeing if they had anything like what I got from them a number of years ago but they don't.

Premium Member
Whats the matter with Cabelas? The one piece coveralls is warmer then the bib and coat.The problem I have with the one piece is they hurt my back,seems like its always pulling my shoulders downwards. Carhart is just a expensive name,there are a LOT warmer ones then Carhart,there only insulated pants with suspenders.
Tractor supply has a good selection.fwiw

Reactions: Jssrvlz

Registered
Cabelas went to crap after bass pro bought them. And yes tractor supply has some pretty good cold weather clothing. Myself I wear insulated bibs and a coat for cold weather riding and slip my frog togg rain suit on over them, water and wind proof.

Super Moderator
Yep, Cabela's went downhill once Bass Pro took them over. Bass Pro got rid of most if not all of Cabela's quality merchandise and replaced it with their own Red Head branded junk. They also did away with Cabela's lifetime unconditional warranty, even on items that were sold prior to the buy out.

Registered
Yep, Cabela's went downhill once Bass Pro took them over. Bass Pro got rid of most if not all of Cabela's quality merchandise and replaced it with their own Red Head branded junk. They also did away with Cabela's lifetime unconditional warranty, even on items that were sold prior to the buy out.
Yep that pretty much say's it all...and they raised the prices on a lot of things. We have a Cabela's store here pretty close by, watch for the cabela's name to be replaced to Bass Pro eventually... one of their cashiers told me they had to keep the Cabela's name for I think she said 5 years by contract of the purchase take over, then Bass Pro can do what ever they want.

Super Moderator
Changing the name here in Colorado might get interesting.

In Denver they have two very large Cabela's within 30 miles of each other with a Bass Pro right in the middle.

Premium Member
I had no idea.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They closed the home store and bankrupted the town as well.. I hate it.. I鈥檝e always loved Cabelas, hell my visa is a Cabela Club VISA

Registered
I use the carhardt arctic coveralls. Pretty dang warm. Riding in East Tennessee in last years snow storm. I felt great

Registered

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a Dickies today.. The size seems ok (XLG, TALL) and I'm washing it now. The legs are six inches too long, but the crotch seems ok...

Registered
2018 Kodiak 700 EPS
He guys.. I'm not sure where to put this post, so I'll put it here. I heed a one-piece riding coverall for East Tennessee. The minimum riding weather would probably be the low-thirties with light snow or rain. What say-ye?
Like JimP, I love GoreTex Bibs and GoreTex Jacket for lightweight and waterproof outdoor use. I buy the bibs with built in gaitors so they stay on your boots when standing or stretching. Easy to layer underneath if you buy the outerwear 1 size up as well as moving around easy. Easy clean up at home by hosing down and hanging to dry. Once you take it off you are still dressed in warm clean clothes for the ride home or entering your tent or trailer without a mess.

Happy Holidays

1 - 17 of 17 Posts