Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, after a few close calls I am starting to get some more safety gear. I typically just wear my Muck boots when riding but have been considering getting an ADV or MX boot for the TPU protection and have been looking at the Forma Terra boots.

My buddy rides a 450 and is convincing me that I need more of an MX boot because of the terrain we ride and I don't disagree to an extent. Just don't think I need $500 Alpinestars. :wink2:

What do you wear and what do you like?

Cheers, all!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wear my Irish Setter rubber boots, But I also don't ride extreme I'm a very laid back rider not typically in a big hurry to get any where.

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
All I have ever worn have been my hunting or hiking boots.

But then it will all depend on just where you are riding. I can understand the motorcycle boots on a 2 wheel bike where you really don't have any protection but on a ATV your feet and legs are protected fairly well.

Reactions: outbackandy

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm on an atv, I've been wearing some $20 dollar rubber boots for a couple years, the right one has been leaking for about 3 months now.

So I picked up some new Magellan 400g rubber boots at Academy for about 33 dollars. I have high hopes for them. They do feel comfortable enough😎

Not much protection as far as flying off and hitting a tree
20200426_133855.jpg

Reactions: JimMac

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
I don't think that there is a boot out there that will help out when you fly off of the machine and hit a tree.

Reactions: fossil and Jssrvlz

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't think that there is a boot out there that will help out when you fly off of the machine and hit a tree.
My thoughts aswell, but maybe some high end riding boots could help the impact

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
When I was working as a lineman and climbing poles all day I was wearing a pair of 16-18 inch high top leather climbing boots. I was also riding a Harley and riding dirt bikes with them on, they did make some nice riding boots.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
I tried a few boots before I settled on some waterproof tactical boots. They're comfortable and waterproof.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I too wear Bates tactical boots, I get the side zip, cheaper ones that cost about $80. I get the black ones that are not water proof, cause that is what works for me and I love these boots, they are light weight, almost like tennis shoes, and you can find them at amazon or WorkBoots.com. Here is a link, and they run better prices on occasion. I have purchased them for $69. Men's Bates 8" Tactical Sport Side-Zip Boots @ WorkBoots.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts