Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are looking for aftermarket skidplates, Ricochet is producing a 10 pc set for the 2016 Kodiak 700 and have them available on their website. I found a Discount Code that is working for 10% off. atvmag25 I used it today and the order went through. Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I ordered them yesterday morning, they shipped them today. They say I will have them in about 5 days but the UPS tracking number not working yet. FYI total weight is 37 Lbs. Bit of extra load on the quad but I had Ricochet plates on my last quad and they saved me lots!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ricochet Skid Plates arrived at my post box today! 5 days from when I ordered then. Will install this weekend and post some pics.

·
Registered
281 Posts
37 Lbs of necessity in case the bottom scrapes a hard rock some day. Can't wait to see it on! How do you lift your Kodiak straight up and make it stand vertical for installation?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ricochet Skid Plates arrived at my post box today! 5 days from when I ordered then. Will install this weekend and post some pics.
That's not bad at all considering you're in Canada and I know stuff like that can take longer to arrive for Canadian residents at times, especially when it comes to customs processing time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Canada, however I'm only a 20 min drive to the nearest border crossing. I always order stuff and have it delivered to Sumas, WA. It gets there in 2-5 days and shipping is normally free. Quick trip to pick up the stuff, a $3 handling fee at a Border Parcel post box service. Then I don't have to wait for stuff to get to Canada.

KodoakBar I don't have to lift the quad straight up to install. I'll just drive up my quad deck ramps and put it in park, use the winch cable as a backup to secure the quad. Then install it from there. Lots of room to work as my Deck is quite high.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've only every seen it vertical when installing skid plates. o_O
Guess lifting a 661 Kodiak isn't feasible if you don't have the necessary equipment.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I live in Canada, however I'm only a 20 min drive to the nearest border crossing. I always order stuff and have it delivered to Sumas, WA. It gets there in 2-5 days and shipping is normally free. Quick trip to pick up the stuff, a $3 handling fee at a Border Parcel post box service. Then I don't have to wait for stuff to get to Canada.

KodoakBar I don't have to lift the quad straight up to install. I'll just drive up my quad deck ramps and put it in park, use the winch cable as a backup to secure the quad. Then install it from there. Lots of room to work as my Deck is quite high.
That sure helps a lot, being right close to the boarder since there are a ton of pros to be in that position, good for cheaper gas runs :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Ricochet plate that goes around the hitch to help protect the CV boots would not fit with the factory receiver hitch on my Kodiak 700. Ricochet said they are working on that. I got the 5-Piece Aluminum A-Arm & CV Boot Guard Set, the other 4 pieces work great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes my Quad came with a factory 2" receiver. Weather sucks here right now so the whole Ricochet kit is sitting in my garage. Don't feel motivated to install it. I will do it tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes my Quad came with a factory 2" receiver. Weather sucks here right now so the whole Ricochet kit is sitting in my garage. Don't feel motivated to install it. I will do it tomorrow morning.
It's that time of the year, and this is only the best of it since it's only going to get colder where you live.

Might be time to look into a get away spot in the south, I know some Canadians that typically escape to Florida during these times :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am hunting at my sisters place right now, brought the ricochet set to install while I'm here. Started thinking that I might wait till after my first service to put them on. It's easier to change all the fluids with them off. I can also have the factory plastic skid plates off so the dealership can have a good look underneath.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I finally got around to putting most of my Ricochet Skid Plates on. The hardware they sent me for the rear A-Arms was incorrect so I'm waiting to install those. They have shipped the replacement hardware, its on route. This was my original positioning for the install. Gravity wasn't my friend, so I had to change the quad positioning. I decided to use a tree and my front winch.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Worked out great using the tree and winch to lift the quad vertical. It sure made the installing of skid plates a lot easier. I cut a pop can lid and bottom off then used the aluminum and tape to wrap around my front bumper so the winch cable wouldn't mark up my bumper while lifting the quad up. I just need the Rear A-arm mounting hardware to arrive to finish the job.:grin2:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lol! That's some creativity right there. Didn't even think that you would do that with the winch even though it's meant to be able to handle something heavier than the Kodiak.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just had a thought. How do you clean the bit between the skid plat and the bottom of the ATV? Looks like a PITA to remove the pieces just to clean it every time it gets muddy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts