·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
my name is Gerhard, I am from Germany.
My Kodiak is a 700 EPS SE 2019.
Now I would like to add a reversing light.
Where the shift linkage goes into the gearbox there is a lever which is above the thread as soon as the reverse gear is engaged.
Does anyone know what size of thread is in the aluminium part?
Is there a reverse switch for this place from Yamaha?

Sincerely Gerhard
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive engine part Engine Nut
Metal

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
The only hook up that I know of for a reverse light is to tap into the light on the gauge cluster and then run a wire back to the rear.

I have looked at the wiring diagrams for other things and have never come up with anything for a reverse light.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Here is a picture of the location of the reverse switch. It isn't very good but it is the best that I could find.

It is #5 in the diagram.

Attachments

Reactions: RF70

·
Registered
60 Posts
Powermadd makes a backup light for the Kodiaks that uses the reverse switch that Gerhard is referring to. I believe it plugs into an adapter then into the reverse switch.
I'm still considering this or a small pod light.

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I bought this reversing light with 2100 lumen and tried it on the 12V battery. It is street legal in Europe and still brutally bright:
After I have the original Yamaha rear suitcase on the luggage carrier I have to move the indicators a little bit to the outside to place the reversing light.
The switch should be screwed into the M14 x 1,5 thread, then I modify the lever with a cam which I made out of brass:
TOPRAN SCHALTER RÜCKFAHRLEUCHTE RÜCKWÄRTSGANG RÜCKFAHRLICHT FIAT 3074530 | eBay

I don't know if I have understood that a reverse switch is already built in - or if you can connect the rear light directly to the green and white cable (if available) and control it via the multifunction speedo?
Then this would be much less effort.

With kind regards Gerhard

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I have this one to install. I'm going to attach it to the rear rack in the center. The included clamps won't work for me, so I'll need new ones.. I'll most pics when I get it installed..

Untitled by Koko Pelli, on Flickr

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks good! I noticed that Powermadd has installation instructions and an electric diagram on their page for download. Following these instructions it should be easy to DIY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts