Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add some type of speaker set up to the ATV for the summertime, I've been using a Bluetooth speaker that's almost loud enough to hear clearly.

I'm not looking to take up my whole front rack with a giant speaker, and had considered getting a motorcycle speaker to attach to the handlebars.

I've been looking at the JBL boombox, which is around $300 us. But I would rather spend much less and still have volume.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The JBL sounds really good but I'm like you. $300? I have a little $12 bluetooth speaker that I bought a few years ago and I stuck it inside a big orange road cone one time and the sound quality jumped so much. It was louder and a lot more bass. Here's some DIY ATV speaker tube videos. I bet this might work.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=diy+atv+speaker+tube

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have you considered some wireless earbuds? I bought a set of Taotronics off Amazon a few years ago and they worked well until i lost them. At about 30 bucks, not a big loss and I will probably be getting something similar to replace them soon.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I accually bought a pair of wireless earbuds back a year or so ago. And i love them when im cruising by myself. But when my friends and I ride its nice to not be taking them in and out lots of times daily...i do love the idea though. Thanks for the response😁

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
453 Posts
Sena bluetooth motorcycle communication and music devices. I have an old Sena SMH5 and the things are pretty cool. Speakers mount inside your helmet and has a separate mic that gets mounted as well. Link it to family or friends and you can listen to music and then press a button for comms. Very, very nice to be able to do this.

Best Bluetooth Motorcycle Communication Systems | Sena

·
Super Moderator
1,324 Posts
I’m gonna try the Pyle tube marine system..
Just remember, in the car audio world, they are known as Pyle for a reason...Pyle of ****.
Just a warning... Take it or leave it, it's your money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Just remember, in the car audio world, they are known as Pyle for a reason...Pyle of ****.
Just a warning... Take it or leave it, it's your money.

I’ve used lot of Pyle equipment over the years and it’s OK.Can’t expect much at the lever we’re talking about..

·
Super Moderator
1,324 Posts
I’ve used lot of Pyle equipment over the years and it’s OK.Can’t expect much at the lever we’re talking about..
Oh yeah, I've had more than my fair share of over the years when I was younger anyway that's why I will comment, I can speak from experience LOL

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Could be junk, won’t be the first time.. It’s really no big deal for me, I appreciate your input. No intentions of offending, just blazing the trail I guess... Cheers.. Ron

·
Super Moderator
1,324 Posts
Yeah hopefully they actually work out for you I just hate seeing people waste money when they don't have to. I've got so much old unused stereo equipment kicking around from past vehicles it all works I just hate to throw it out but it's no comparison to the newer stuff. I'm thinking about possibly building a small system for the bike. It won't be waterproof at all as none of it is Marine equipment but at least it'll get some use

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I always buy things so that I can return them if they don't work out. I try a lot of new stuff and usually come out ok. Everything costs something in the end, but for me it's just the cost of doing business...

·
Registered
402 Posts
The sound of my machine is music to my ears.I ride to get away from all that noise..

·
Registered
402 Posts
Truthfully, I don't want the guys to know I listen to Taylor Swift..lol.

Reactions: Madmax and Jssrvlz
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.