Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, Just coming up on my first air filter cleaning on my Kodiak. The service department said just to use Dawn soap would be fine. 1)How do you guys clean the filter 2)What do you use?

Right now I just soaked it overnight with soap and water after wiping off excess Blue Oil that leaked out in the air filter box. Thanks For your help!

Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 base model
For the stock filter Dawn dish soap is great. The main thing is not to twist the foam filter, this is what causes rips and tears in it. Just squeeze it to get the water out and then sit it out to dry completely before re-oiling it and putting it back in.

Reactions: rancherMike

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the stock filter Dawn dish soap is great. The main thing is not to twist the foam filter, this is what causes rips and tears in it. Just squeeze it to get the water out and then sit it out to dry completely before re-oiling it and putting it back in.
Thanks Jim, what do you use to re-oil it?

Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 base model
I actually just use the same motor oil that I put into the crankcase.

There are specialty oils out there just for air filters but I have never had any problems using the motor oil

Registered
I second using air filter oil, it鈥檚 very tacky. Myself I use the PJ1 spray , and I have 4 atvs so I bought a 6 pack of the PJ1 and bel ray had their cleaner in a 6 pack for a good deal on amazon so I bought that. The bel ray cleaner worked extremely well in cleaning my filters. As Jim said no twisting the filter but you can sandwich them in a rag and push down to get your cleaner out. I also will hit the filter with a blow gun with about 1/4 pressure to blow them dry . Amazon has Filter cleaner / oil combos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.