Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a aftermarket 2 inch receiver hitch for a 2019 kodiak 700 base model. The one that comes with it doesn't seem to be very well made.

Super Moderator
If they started installing a actual receiver hitch on them instead of just the ball mount then it is capable of hauling anything that the Kodiak is rated for.

That I know of there are no aftermarket ones. You could always take it off and beef it up with some steel.

Registered
The 2' receiver that came on my 700 ESP SE has been more than adequate and I have towed a 2000 lb utility trailer and my boat moving them around property and buildings. If you really want something else there is a lot to look at on Amazon.

Super Moderator
The biggest problem that I have found with our machines is the rear suspension. When you attach a trailer it will usually drop the tongue quite low.

I built a trailer dolly that connects into the receiver hitch for just this reason. Now all the tongue weight is on the dolly instead of the machine.

Registered
That trailer dolly is a great idea.

I may eventually purchase the square receiver that Buckmaster has shown

Registered
I have seen those on Ebay for around $79 might of been free shipping try amazon. By the way that looks like an OEM I did notice on the latest utility quad the cast iron is now steel looked like the same thickness as the OEM Grizzly 2" receiver, OEM ones are over $100 at yamaha dealers. Have a Yamaha parts guy look up the correct bolts on the newest Grizzly. Buy the ball and insert for the receiver as well as the safety pin at harbor freight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts