Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the forum, hoping somebody can point me in the right direction....Is there a resource that I can reference that list all of the recall items for the 2016 Kodiak 700 SE?
Thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
I don't have a link, but the both I know of are the decompression spring, and the push button 4 wd control

·
Registered
508 Posts
Vincent has mentioned the only two I know of, and Yamaha is not good with this type of info, and dealers don't easily share it either. Any particular issue you are having or curious about?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vincent has mentioned the only two I know of, and Yamaha is not good with this type of info, and dealers don't easily share it either. Any particular issue you are having or curious about?
Haven't had any issues, but thats the two I have recently heard about.
Just wanted to check to see if there were any more before I take it to the dealer, so I can get them all addressed at the same time. Want to have my ducks in a row so the dealer doesn't leave anything out. Appreciate the reply!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Haven't had any issues, but thats the two I have recently heard about.
Just wanted to check to see if there were any more before I take it to the dealer, so I can get them all addressed at the same time. Want to have my ducks in a row so the dealer doesn't leave anything out. Appreciate the reply!
Interesting idea, I am having the problem with my 4 wheel button, but have not taken it in yet. Mine is an 18. My first one was a 16 and it had the decompression issue, and they fixed it under warranty. Ask upfront if they will check and fix the decompression spring before you take it in under warranty or recall. I am not sure they do this recall cost free to you if the warranty has expired, so ask. Good luck.

·
Registered
687 Posts
While not officially a recall, they also issued a TSB on the 16's that involves replacement of all or some of the top end of the motor. Mine was done in October of 2019.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
While not officially a recall, they also issued a TSB on the 16's that involves replacement of all or some of the top end of the motor. Mine was done in October of 2019.
Exactly what i came to say.... No recalls, but there are a few technical service bulletins.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly what i came to say.... No recalls, but there are a few technical service bulletins.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Good to know. Do you know what the problem was with the top end and what some of the signs would be to keep an eye out for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know. Do you know what the problem was with the top end and what some of the signs would be to keep an eye out for?

·
Grizzled Mod
208 Posts
Read through this thread as it will probably answer all of your questions. The only exception is that it appears Yamaha has this service bulletin active for 5 years from the original date of purchase now. Yours being a 2016, make sure and act on this soon, if it is needed.

Its Official. 2016-18 708 Yamaha Service Bulletin

Reactions: rancherMike

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
But remember on TSB's the dealer will take no action unless your Kodiak is experiencing the problem.

You can't just go in and tell them that you want it done. Some dealers may do the TSB but most won't.

Reactions: rancherMike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Read through this thread as it will probably answer all of your questions. The only exception is that it appears Yamaha has this service bulletin active for 5 years from the original date of purchase now. Yours being a 2016, make sure and act on this soon, if it is needed.

Its Official. 2016-18 708 Yamaha Service Bulletin
Thanks for the info. Yeah I bought my 2016 end of October 2015. So I may be dead in the water. Guess I'll call a couple of local dealers and see what they tell me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But remember on TSB's the dealer will take no action unless your Kodiak is experiencing the problem.

You can't just go in and tell them that you want it done. Some dealers may do the TSB but most won't.
Ok thanks for the heads up. I'll call my dealer and see how fast I get rejected! 😄

·
Registered
508 Posts
It would be my guess that you escaped all of the issues, and likely won't be affected, unless you have only a few hours on your machine. How many hours or miles are you up to?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts