Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a rear trunk / seat this week. Turned out really nice. If somebody wanted to sit there, where would they put there feet? Any suggestions on good options?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Fender protectors and foot rests. Look them up for your specific model. They are typically sold separate. The footrests can be moved up or down on the protectors to suit the passenger size.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There are quite a few options out there.

Saw these on an Amazon search. Pretty reasonable price to see if you like the style and no drilling needed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! A couple good options here. I’m not sure it would be used enough to justify $200+
I might try one of those inexpensive straps from Amazon. If it becomes routine, the high quality one would be justified

·
Registered
693 Posts
This is how mine is set up. Works excellent. They fold up down when in use.

Attachments

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Registered
693 Posts
P.S. I love the blue on your Kodiak!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,228 Posts
JD, I have a couple of questions on your rear box.

I have been looking for something decent to replace my old rear canvas bag I have on the back of my Kodiak and have been looking at the hard plastic boxes like you have.

How are the seat cushions held on? By velcro or a better attachment system?

How is it getting on and off of the bike where you can't swing your leg over towards the rear? I'm 6'4" and at times carry a passenger who would be sitting on the back when I get on. Now I half to lift my let almost straight up and over to get on.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts