Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, in the last couple of days I managed to install Kimpex hand and thumb warmers, Cobra Powermadd quick release windshield and a fused battery access cable. I managed to save the original grips using compressor air nozzle (thanks to another member for that great tip!)
The new hand warmers were tricky and needed persuasion with a mallet and chunk of 2x4, but got them on. Used a very small amount of JB Weld HighHeat to epoxy to the bars.
Wiring was easy using the switched aux power already fused at 10amps. Kodiak came with a dual breakout cable for the aux feed.
While under the hood I installed a fused battery link cable for charging/ boosting 15 amp limited (Amazon less than $15?)
Now I just need daylight time to ride haha!
I tested the hand warmers (although not very cold yet) and they worked nicely!
The windshield works great, it will be definitely appreciated during the cold riding coming soon ! The mounts for the windshield were also tricky and took adjustments, not a hardware issue but as we all know the kodiak handlebar space is tight if you have other components attached.
thanks guys Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Clock Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle frame Liquid Tin Product Fluid Cosmetics Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, in the last couple of days I managed to install Kimpex hand and thumb warmers, Cobra Powermadd quick release windshield and a fused battery access cable. I managed to save the original grips using compressor air nozzle (thanks to another member for that great tip!)
The new hand warmers were tricky and needed persuasion with a mallet and chunk of 2x4, but got them on. Used a very small amount of JB Weld HighHeat to epoxy to the bars.
Wiring was easy using the switched aux power already fused at 10amps. Kodiak came with a dual breakout cable for the aux feed.
While under the hood I installed a fused battery link cable for charging/ boosting 15 amp limited (Amazon less than $15?)
Now I just need daylight time to ride haha!
I tested the hand warmers (although not very cold yet) and they worked nicely!
The windshield works great, it will be definitely appreciated during the cold riding coming soon ! The mounts for the windshield were also tricky and took adjustments, not a hardware issue but as we all know the kodiak handlebar space is tight if you have other components attached.
thanks guys View attachment 11003 View attachment 11004 View attachment 11005 View attachment 11006 View attachment 11003
One thing I forgot to mention; when doing the wiring I noticed how very loose the negative post screw was? It was just beyond finger tight! Had I not done any wiring this would have been a issue on the trails somewhere. Just letting everyone know that this was from factory or dealer; I have only 325 kms on bike and don’t do extreme technical riding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts