Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After using my 700SE the last few snow storms to clear the laneway I've noticed that after it gets warm it doesn't want to start. Won't even make a noise. I'm guessing it's because the machine is getting hot, but it doesn't do this in the summer, when working hard on the trails. I'm not seeing snow build up on the rad either. It did it today at the gas station, after plowing the laneway. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
85 Posts
This sounds like an ignition component with a seal broken. The snow plowing itself isn't the culprit but the moisture probably is. I had a Dodge pick-up 30+ years ago that ran fine on dry days but when the weather got wet it ran like crap, I replaced the ignition module and it solved the problem. Diagnosing the electrical system on one of these Kodiaks is above my pay grade, and if it were mine I would take it back to the dealer and have them do the diagnostics and probably have them fix it; especially if it is still under warranty. This non-starting problem is not normal and mine has never done that even after running through floorboard deep water.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine's died after the 1st start almost every time it's been started when the engine is cold since i bought it, regardless of air temp. Dealer told me it was going to do it when i picked it up and would until it's broken in, not sure when they're considered broken in but it's only got 32 hours on it so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts