Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Kodiak 700 with less than 400 miles. From day one it's had a "rattle" or "knocking sound" coming from the engine or transmission area. The service manager and mechanic at the dealer listened to it and both said it could be from the clutch. I've been trying to work with the Yamaha Corporation to get them to look at it and fix it. They say if everything is within specs I will have to pay for the inspection.
My position is I'm sure the engine/transmission was not designed and engineered to make such a noise.

When reading these posts in this Forum it sounds like mine is not an unusual problem. Who else out there has a Kodiak or Grizzly that makes unusual noise?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It's not just Kodiak but Grizzlys new and old do it to. I bought my Grizzly used with 4700kms. I could hear a knocking noise from the bottom end or Clutch area from day one. Almost sounded like a bad connecting rod bearing. Drove my buddies Grizzly and it did it to. Isolated the noise to the clutch area with a stethoscope.. Serviced my CVT found nothing wrong and drove it another 4300kms with no issues. The mysterious Clutch noise still remains. I've since read many other concerned kodiak and Grizzly owners complain about the dreaded Clutch knocking noise. It's aspecially noticeable on cold starts ups.

It was certainly worth pushing your dealership to inspect and verify everything was good while you have a warranty.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Or go to another dealer with your concerns. I tried dealing with Yamaha directly on my top-end rebuild and got nowhere. The Service Manager at the second shop I took it to called Yamaha and got them to cover about 2/3's of the cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts