Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I'm 51, an avid user of a street bike forum, and I found this site after ordering my very first quad...a 2018 Kodiak 700 EPS SE in Silver Metallic/Black.
I've owned dirtbikes, streetbikes, ATC's, and snowmobiles so the transition should go seamless.
It won't get to the dealership until Friday so I don't have any pictures. Sorry.
Hoping to pick it up on Saturday. Can't wait!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Congrats on the new toy! It is a great machine and sure to put a big smile on your face!

If you're new to atvs, take the free ATV safety class that is offered with any new atv purchase,it's a good hands on course for anyone.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new toy! It is a great machine and sure to put a big smile on your face!

If you're new to atvs, take the free ATV safety class that is offered with any new atv purchase,it's a good hands on course for anyone.
Thanks Rollin!
I've had three wheelers on and off since I was a kid and rode them pretty aggressively, but I think I'll take it easy for a bit with the new ride until I'm sure.
I'm already looking at the air box K&N mod, and fuel tuner from EHS, and I sent an email to 2R to find out if there tip will work on the 2018.
I like the swamp exhaust from HMF, but that'll have to wait for a little while.
I read on EHS site about using lighter clutch weights on the Kodiak to pep it up some. Any drawbacks that you know?
If you have any suggestions I'm all ears. I hate doing things twice. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
EHS is a well regarded venue for all engine tuning in the Grizzly/Kodiak community. I don't have any personal experience with them but many users on here do and they will chime at some point. You can break it in stock and see how you like it after that.

I got lighter weights and also went to Dr Pulley overdrive type. Didn't want to go all the way to 18g Grizzly weights and I custom ordered 24g ones. I am not sure that I like it more than stock... I kinda liked the low rpm on the engine with the stock weights and if I stabbed the throttle I could spin the rears easy- plenty of torque out of this 708:grin2: that is with the crappy stock tires mind you. Plus I think the fuel mileage went down some...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EHS is a well regarded venue for all engine tuning in the Grizzly/Kodiak community. I don't have any personal experience with them but many users on here do and they will chime at some point. You can break it in stock and see how you like it after that.

I got lighter weights and also went to Dr Pulley overdrive type. Didn't want to go all the way to 18g Grizzly weights and I custom ordered 24g ones. I am not sure that I like it more than stock... I kinda liked the low rpm on the engine with the stock weights and if I stabbed the throttle I could spin the rears easy- plenty of torque out of this 708:grin2: that is with the crappy stock tires mind you. Plus I think the fuel mileage went down some...
I went down there tonight after work and saw it in person and signed for it. My truck situation isn't good right now so they are trucking it up too me in the next day or two.
I haven't read anything on Dr Pulley yet so I'll look into it, and thanks for the info on the weights and your experience after changing them.
I'll keep it stock for the break in period, but that exhaust needs to be opened up a bit afterwards!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts