Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mama always said I ain't stupid - I just ain't none too smart. Figured I better get that out of the way first. So, on to my question. What really is the purpose of the A arm guards on the atv's? I've always had to spend extra time trying to flush out the mud and gunk that collect in them. When I bought tracks for my machine (winter use only), I had to take them off. Switching back to the tires, I decided to leave them off. Cleaning has been much easier now. That wet gunk doesn't sit against the metal, so it seems like it should help prevent rusting. What am I missing?

Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 base model
They are more of a CV boot guard than a A arm guard. They will deflect sticks from poking holes in the CV boots, hopefully.

The A arms themselves are fairly robust and really don't need much protection and if you do manage to damage one you have done a good job of it.

Registered
They are more of a CV boot guard than a A arm guard. They will deflect sticks from poking holes in the CV boots, hopefully.

The A arms themselves are fairly robust and really don't need much protection and if you do manage to damage one you have done a good job of it.
Yep, got mine from Strong Made, actually called stick stoppers. :)

Reactions: Primethious
1 - 4 of 4 Posts