Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reason or benefit to do this?
I'm running grizzly 18 weights, EFI Tuner, EHS airbox.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well you'll gain better back shift and engine braking . If you are a larger guy, carry a lot of extra weight on the quad it wouldn’t hurt to run it . You’d probably like 1.5 mm of shims more. And for 8-10 bucks , cheaper than a spring. If you decide to try it and dislike it , you’d easily be able to resell the spring on here or grizzly forums .

·
Registered
294 Posts
Tires would be the number one upgrade, IMO. My confidence riding off camber trails went up ten fold after switching tires.
Since you already have an EFI tuner you could change the exhaust and get a big improvement in power. Noise is always a factor though. Depends on where you ride.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
Tires would be the number one upgrade, IMO. My confidence riding off camber trails went up ten fold after switching tires.
Since you already have an EFI tuner you could change the exhaust and get a big improvement in power. Noise is always a factor though. Depends on where you ride.
Exhaust won't give a big increase in power, very minimal actually

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Colorado Kodiak 700

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Next move will be the Coop mod from the man himself.
Installed purple spring today as I had an hour to kill.
We’ll see...

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
Yes, that's is definitely possible, And that's most likely the "power increase" most people think they gained.
Is not a bunch more power, it's just a small increase, but in s more usable range

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts