Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to buy a new 2018 kodiak 700. Are there any better times of the year to buy as far as rebates and pricing? Thanks. Currently they have a 700 base with a winch for $5500 at the local dealer but not many discounts on the other models

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is one heck of a good price! the only thing about it I would have a problem with is the lack of power steering, but if you can live without that you are good for price. I gave $7800 for my new 2016 700EPS, but I bought it early Jan. of 16 and your price is a heavily discounted year model end clearance. If you want more goodies you can see if they will get down to $6500 or less on an EPS model. The 2018 EPS has a locking front differential which wasn't standard equipment on the previous years.

·
Super Moderator
1,257 Posts
For that price on a base model you can add a lot of extras.

In the end it all depends on what you want on a machine. If a speedometer is one of them then aftermarket ones will run you around $100+ with you doing the installation and it isn't the factory look. A front locking diff will run you $500-$600 with a factory push button also with you doing the install. The base model doesn't come with A arm guards so that is another $100+ depending on what type you install, factory or aftermarket. No receiver hitch on the base model but a factory bolt in one can be put on for another $70.

So parts do add up if you want them on a base model, but if you don't need or want any of the add on parts then that is a great buy.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
83 Posts
Spring and Fall seem to be the best times. Typical freebies are winches and extended warranties. I highly recommend adding the power steering since you can't add that later. I believe all the new 700's include dif-lock already. Everything else is pretty much available after-market, just depends on how mechanically inclined you are and how big your bank account is.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm not sure about Yamaha, but a lot of other manufacturers start to release their new year's models now . . . or very soon . . . which tends to cause better pricing and deals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 19 models are coming out now. My dealers has the 450s but not the 700s yet. i noticed on yamaha site, the the 19s dont have dif lock, unless you get a SE model. That sucks! Im shoping now for a 700, not sure 18 or 19

·
Super Moderator
1,257 Posts
For a diff lock check with 501Parts.com I installed one of their electric diff locks on my 2016 base model Kodiak and am quite happy. If you can turn a wrench you can install the diff lock. They have two diff lock systems. One uses a cable and lever similar to what is on the lever operated 4x4 system on the Kodiak and then they have the electric one that includes everything that you need to install it. The push buttons give it that factory look and they should since they are Yamaha's parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I helped my dad pick up his new 2017 (holdover) EPS model yesterday. He paid ~$6800 out the door, after all the fees and such.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m looking to buy a new 2018 kodiak 700. Are there any better times of the year to buy as far as rebates and pricing? Thanks. Currently they have a 700 base with a winch for $5500 at the local dealer but not many discounts on the other models
That is a good deal. I would scoop it up. Payed 6400$ OTD for my 18 base model.

·
Super Moderator
1,257 Posts
I have never seen as good of a deal as what some on here are getting from a dealer.

Back in January of 17 when I was looking for a new machine the dealers wanted just exactly what Yamaha said that they should get for the left over 16's and that wasn't that much of a break from when they were in the same year.

I ended up buying a used one off of Craig's List for the buy out of the loan as the repo man was headed towards their door. And it still wasn't as good of a deal as I am seeing that some are getting for quotes from dealers.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 19 models are coningout now. My dealers has the 450s but not the 700s yet. i noticed on yamaha site, the the 19s dont have dif lock, unless you get a SE model. That sucks! Im shoping now for a 700, not sure 18 or 19

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
They need to do a update on that ad, the 2018 Kodiak comes with a 686cc motor now.
Actually 2018 are the 708 motors, it's the new 2019s that are now running the 686s.

Reactions: outbackandy

·
Registered
703 Posts
The 19 models are coningout now. My dealers has the 450s but not the 700s yet. i noticed on yamaha site, the the 19s dont have dif lock, unless you get a SE model. That sucks! Im shoping now for a 700, not sure 18 or 19

All 2018 and 2019 700 EPS and SE Kodiaks have the push button diff lock feature. The only one without is the 700 base models.

I did notice conflicting information on the 2019 US Yamaha website concerning the EPS models not found on the Canadian website. One part of the US site says the EPS model does have the diff lock feature and another part of the same site says it's "lever activated". Weird.

None of the 2018 and 19 450s received the diff lock feature. Freaken stupid....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree, I was looking at the confusing info on yahamas web site. I actually seen first hand that they do in fact, have diff lock. Went to a dealer. Thanks for the correction

·
Registered
703 Posts
Personally if I where in the market for a new 2018 or 19 700 Kodiak I wouldn't bother with any less then the EPS model. ( Not knocking anyone who is considering or bought a base model)

Reason why?

-Power steering is simply an amazing feature! The only people who say they don't need it are those who never had one.

- Diff lock feature. I use mine alot! Mainly in winter and spring time.

- Electronic gauge cluster, because I love having, a speedometer, odometer, tripometer, hour meter, fuel gauge, etc......basically I like information

- Shocks with adjustable spring preloaded. Very handy feature. It helps compensate with the extra weight of a passager, cargo, heavy towing etc.... Or soften up your ride for more comfort if needed.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Primethious

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 2018 700 EPS in camo. Love the machine. .. but have to warn you about the clutch noise. Evidently yamaha's are known to have a OBNOXIOUS rattle type noise. My dealer says it nomal. I spent 10 grand .... makes me sorry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Picked up a new 2018 Kodiak 700 EPS in hunter green las weekend myself... I find the clutch noise a little obnoxious as well but I'm sure once I break her in and start really riding her I won't worry about too much then... How does every one else break their new machines in? Follow the book or ride her hard?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts