Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yay!!! They fiinally arrived 3 months after ordering them.

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
Ohhhhh nice!!! Anxiously awaiting reports on performance!

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
Envious!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nice , waiting on the full review ..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
958 Posts
They look absolutely horrible on your bike. Being the nice guy that I am, i wouldn't want you to have an ugly bike, so I'll take them for you and run then on my bike.... I'll take one for the team.... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mfromsc and Vincent

·
Registered
60 Posts
You are obviously a single man with too much disposable income. lol

After a year and a half and 1200 miles I'm convinced anything has to be better than the stock, pre-load adjustable shocks. I just can't justify the coinage required to upgrade the ride.

KC ATV on YouTube swears by them. I'm interested in hearing your feedback.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
@Kingwalleye The Elka stage 1s mite be a good option for tighter budgets

The stockers are indeed junk... I always felt they rod too harsh. While switching them out I noticed one of my front shocks had started to leak oil with only 2100 miles. Not impressed Yamaha! Grrrr

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I've managed to rack up a few hundred miles since installing my new Elka stage 3s a few weeks ago. I kept in close contact with Accelerated Technologies (seller) as well as grizzlycentral forum member Zrt1200 as I was learning how optimize my fancy new shocks.

Being mid winter here in Ontario my test grounds have nearly three feet of snow on them, so my testing has completely been on our local snowmobile trails. Which are in horrible condition.. Endless washboards of various sizes, lengths and shapes for many many kms. It's been a terrible year for snowmobiling

Once the Elkas were set to where I believe was near optimal, I switched them out for my original shocks. I was uneasy about my purchase until I rode on the stockers once again. Oh wow!!! Elkas do improve the overall plush feel of my quad's suspension and handle the rough stuff much better then stockers. Though Elkas are a big improvement, I feel it's important to take the time to learn and set them up properly witch does take some testing, trial and error.

Stage 3s cost 1300$ US or 1800$ Canadian ( in my case)

Now the big question, are they worth it? That depends on many variables such as,

-How much do you ride a year?
-What kind of terrains do you ride on?
-What's your riding style?
-Are you currently happy how your atv rides?
-What's your budget?
-What's your health like? ( I often have a soar back)

In my case I do alot of high speed aggressive riding, around 2500 miles a year, slot on very rough eroded trails. I was VERY unhappy with my 2019 grizzly stock shocks. These were my reasons for this upgrade

Reactions: RedRocket
1 - 9 of 9 Posts