Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Post your clutch setups. Need help deciding.

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Joshuah 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed 20 gram clutch weights, I'm not sure if I want to go full grizzly. I don't want it too jerky and although I like the quiet low rpm I want to squeeze some more power out of it. Any suggestions?

#2 · (Edited)
I did not want to go full Grizzly so went in the middle. I'm running EPI 22gram (approx. 24g with the covers) and wet clutch slug kit and 1.5mm shims. I don't have many miles on this set up yet but so far I'm very happy with it. Great improvement over stock.

#4 ·
The lighter the weights the more RPM's it takes to in gage them. So basically you are starting to move at a higher RPM and higher up in the engines power band. 20 - 24grams should get you where you want to be.

#6 ·
I put a 1mm shim, 18g weights and an orange epi spring, it does rev higher now and it didn't increase the noise by much, the orange spring helped with the back shift and throttle response made it feel less lazy. I'm pretty happy with my setup it serves me well for trail riding and the occasional mud hole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.