Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to install a posi lock on these units? I have searched and looked but cant find any info?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Funny This is what I was looking for.. 501 parts ... was on the ad to the right of this.. I will be putting this in.. Now I need one for the rear end...

Welcome to 501Parts! Home of the Grabber Diff-Lock Kit

·
Registered
112 Posts
These machines don't need a "posi" in the rear, they have a fully locked rear end. There is no differential, it is a "spool" design. The front diff can be locked on certain models, and there's an aftermarket front end locker available from 501 parts for those that don't.

Reactions: tradar

·
Registered
741 Posts
These machines don't need a "posi" in the rear, they have a fully locked rear end. There is no differential, it is a "spool" design. The front diff can be locked on certain models, and there's an aftermarket front end locker available from 501 parts for those that don't.

Was going to post on this as well. Was thinking the same thing and wondering why the op assumed he had an open rearend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was going to post on this as well. Was thinking the same thing and wondering why the op assumed he had an open rearend.
Just for the fact I bought the cheap unit. I also was not sure what the lock out button on the other units did..
I would never assume that I got a posi..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts