Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 base model
The distance from the spring mount on the plow to the pin hole for the mount is 23 1/2" or 59.7 cm

The rise from the push tube up to the pin hole for the mount is 5" or 12.7 cm

The distance from the bolt hole that connects the blade to the swivel plate to where the center of the riser plate is 22 1/2" or 57.15cm

Here are some pictures of the mount.

With the blade sitting on the ground there is no upwards bend, just the plate that fits up into the front mount

Super Moderator
Thank you again Jim, I think we can work with that, and thank you for the pics, that's something that that doesn't really exist, always genaric sales ad pics of just mounted on someone's bike. Now to free up a weekend, I volunteered to work this Saturday ... Offered triple hourly pay, couldn't refuse.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Registered
Did you end up mounting your plow and which set up did you go with?? I have the 19 Kodiak 700 and man did that front end mount tear up my front end!! If i could do it again i'd go with the mid mount! There is no beefy nuts and bolts for that front end mount trust me.

Super Moderator
How'd the plow tear up your front end? I have the Warn Provantage plow and love it, there is no interference with anything on the front end and after having both mounts I'll never go back to a mid mount

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
How'd the plow tear up your front end? I have the Warn Provantage plow and love it, there is no interference with anything on the front end and after having both mounts I'll never go back to a mid mount

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
The only way Jim would be inexperienced operator or someone that's never been taught how to plow properly. Ramming into frozen piles or into big mass of mounds of snow and pushing way too heavy loads are going to twist the frame up no matter where it's mounted or how it's mounted. Most anyone with a little bit of plowing experience or that has been showing the proper way through training is not going to have an issue with a front male plow on these bikes. But if someone's trying to use a 700cc ATV to ram and push snow the same way you would with a 3/4 ton pickup well we know what's going to happen. But that's common sense on our part.

Registered
2021 700 Kodiak
I went with a KFI system with an under-belly mount on my 2021 Kodiak 700.
Is it the easiest ? It wasn't hard.
You mount the plate with four u-bolts on the frame and the plow arms mount to the plate with two pins.
I chose an under belly over a front mount because the weight of the snow is dispersed over a larger area than a front mount .
I drilled the plate that is designed to be what the winch line hook attaches to and mounted a snatch block to it.
The line goes from the winch, around the block and up to a strap on the front rack. This reduces the pull needed to raise the plow and increases lift, rather than pulling straight back to the winch.
I haven't needed to use it yet but it lifts the plow smoothly.
gunr
The one thing you have to be careful when strapping to the front rack is: Watch that you don't winch too much. I bent the rack and ended up replacing the front rack. Strapping to the bumper up-right pipes might be a better idea. This year I'm going without the snatch block setup just because I don't want to take the chance on bending those either.

Super Moderator
The one thing you have to be careful when strapping to the front rack is: Watch that you don't winch too much. I bent the rack and ended up replacing the front rack. Strapping to the bumper up-right pipes might be a better idea. This year I'm going without the snatch block setup just because I don't want to take the chance on bending those either.
A cheap and easy solution is to grab a short length of angle iron The 1.25" stuff, and fasten it to the very front of your front rack with a couple of u-bolts and then attach your anchor for your plow cable to that. This strengthens the front rack immensely and really prevents most of that bending You have to really yank on it pretty hard to actually damage after this.

Super Moderator
I'm still using the front rack for a anchor point but I weave the strap around a couple cross members to give it as much support as I can.

No problems after 5 years of plowing.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts